PDA

View Full Version : SIMULATIONS FOR ADVANCED PLAYERS....

WHDIV
02-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Is there any good software for no limit texas holdem simulations for advanced player?... Thanks

DavidB_REE
02-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Been wondering the same thing!

I had high hopes for Poki Poker Pro. However, in NL, when their robots bust out, you must manually rebuy for them. This prevents you from running large Monte Carlo sims.

I think they are going to fix this problem.

Anyone know of anyone other than Poki in the NL world?

With all the quantification that's been done for Limit, I'm very frustrated that virtually nothing has been done for NL. Well, I suspect it's been done, but kept a secret. Why share winning information?

If anyone can shed any more light on this situation, PLEASE DO!

David

Huxley
02-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I believe that the NL AI bots in Poker Academy Pro are the best currently available in a commercial product.

But, the problem of NL is orders of magnitude more difficult than the Limit problem for existing AI techniques.

The Limit bots in Poker Academy are the result of 10 years of work by a sizable research group, whereas the NL bots are a more recent innovation and there is significant room for improvement. I guess the good news is that we will see stronger and stronger NL bots over the next couple of years as the research progresses.