PDA

View Full Version : Good Way to get off tilt

housenuts
02-12-2005, 02:15 PM
although i don't like to think i'm on tilt i think i have been for the past month or so. i had about $2500 in my stars account, and i hit a bad run and lost $500 or so, then i was drunk one night and lost $400 more. so my account was down to $1600 and i've been trying toohard to get it back to $2500. now it's below $1000.

what i've done is deposit money into a different site and i play there. now i have no urge to rebuild my bankroll and see this site as completely independent and am once again playing solid poker. anyone else done this?

BlueBear
02-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I used to juggle my online bankroll between many different sites in the past as a tilt-prevention measure.... but now things are different, and I view that kind of thing as time wasting when I artifically have to play a smaller bankroll and play at sites where I do not normally want to play!

I treat my whole bankroll between different sites as a whole. Assuming that I do not go on tilt, if I were to artifically "partition" by whole bankroll into smaller chunks into different sites, I end up playing smaller than I normally should and a smaller win rate is not a good thing for me.

I do not perserve the small bankrolls in different sites, but rather I concentrate in the total growth of all these "mini-bankrolls", in other words.

aflaba
02-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Don't check your bankroll to often. That way you can eliminate somoe of those short-term-result oriented feelings. I try to sum my bank roll up only once a month.

jonnyv
02-12-2005, 11:26 PM
First of all< I have gotten drunk four times and three of the four lost a large amount of my bankroll by playing NEVER DRINK AND PLAY UNLESS IT IS MICRO LIMIT. i TOOK A BREAK DEPOSITED ON A NEW SITE AND NOW HAVE WON FOR 3 WEEKS STRAIGHT. I love your plan as it works. Good luck to you.

tdarko
02-13-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't check your bankroll to often

[/ QUOTE ]
this might work for you but maybe not for a ton others. i know a lot of players that lie to themselves making them "think" they are winners. maybe for some not looking at their BR might give them false impressions.
now for others (probably you) who are realistic about their game and take it on with seriousness then this wouldnt be a bad idea. but for a lot of players out there i think this could be bad...any thoughts aflaba?

Ogre
02-13-2005, 04:44 PM
i check my BR about 3-4 times an hour while 4 tabling to see how I'm doing on the night.