PDA

View Full Version : Limit SNG threads?

poker-penguin
02-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Recently, I've been playing Limit SNGs. It started as an accident because of Party's stupid Holdem = Limit classification.

But I won that first one, so I decided to play again. I came second, so I decided to play another one. Yada yada yada, I went ITM five times in a row, which I have never managed in NL SNGs.

So I've been playing Limit SNGs this week. Results are very pleasing - higher ITM and higher ROI (sample size is only about 50 SNGs).

I have only been playing one table at once, so I might just be benefitting from scaling back (I don't have separate figures for one tabling NL SNGs).

For now though, I think that Limit suits me better. I've been hanging out in this forum fairly reliably since deciding that SNGs were the way to go. There's been some great general stuff, and preflop bubble play is almost NL anyway, since blinds are pretty high.

I would appreciate it if anyone could point me to some specifically Limit SNG threads (or articles) as I want to move up from the kiddie pool.

Yes, I have tried searching, but I'm lazy, and there's a lot of pointless results to sift through.

jaym
02-12-2005, 01:23 PM
My search results came up about the same as yours. Alot of fluff to sift through and very little in the way of substantive threads regarding limit SNGs. I've been playing quite a few of these lately as well and find them quite profitable and fun.

benfranklin
02-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Limit HE Tournament Guide (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/tournament/limit_holdem_sng.html)