PDA

View Full Version : 8-table

Zelcious
02-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I just recently bought a second monitor and started to 8-table. First I played 80 5+1 tourneys (party). I had a pretty decent result 32% in ROI (Which is pretty good considering the rake). Didn't have a negative set and a first place in every set.
Then I moved up to 10+1 tourneys. After 4 set of tourneys I was plus 198$, great but since then I haven't been catching any break. I have now played 18 set (144 tourneys) and have only earned 116$. I know it's not that many tours but I thought it would be easy to kill the 10+1 when you could beat the 30+1, 4-table with a decent profit.
I'm really starting to doubt my ability and look for leaks every where. I would like to know if other 8-tablers had a hard time at first ? If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

raptor517
02-13-2005, 12:58 AM
when i first started 8 tabling, i was in distress. a lot of things were going on at the same time, busting out of a tourney, recording results, opening up another one, keeping everything going, and not losing track of chip stacks, blinds, etc. with a little bit of practice, it becomes second nature, as im sure 4 tabling did for you. play about 200 or so and you should be doing fine.

as i see and have heard, most people do these 8 tables in sets. i dont. i just keep pounding away for a good 4-5 hours. well, sets would be easier but $/hr goes up a lot when you ALWAYS have 8 tables going. hmm, i started playing the 30+3s so i could adjust to the strain of 8, but quickly moved back to the 55s. i think with a little practice you should be just fine. keep it up, the results will come.

microbet
02-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Did you jump from 4 tables straight to 8? If so, why?

Zelcious
02-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Becuase I was curious. When I got my new monitor I wanted to try 8 tables at once. So fired up 8 5+1 thinking that even if I lost all of them I would only loose 48$, 1-2 hours of work when I 4-table the 30+3. But I didn't loose all of them, I even showed a 12$ profit so I fired up a second set thinking I could continue until I lost 50$.
But I didn't have any problems at all with my 10 sets at 5+1 level. So I moved up to 10+1.

rdu $teve
02-14-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...But I didn't have any problems at all with my 10 sets at 5+1 level. So I moved up to 10+1.

[/ QUOTE ]

By no problems, do you mean you were having the same rate of ITM? Shouldnt you try to reach that before moving up? I know the quality of play is about the same, but you are still in an adjustment phase; might as well keep it cheap. Just my 2¢