PDA

View Full Version : Stud/8 Multi hand

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-12-2005, 10:18 AM
'Stars $20 + 2 multi last night. 184 started, 16 left. We're now all in the money, but the real prizes are the final 4 or so. I'm 11/18 with 10,875. Limits are 1500/3000, 200 ante.

KURN: (Q /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif)2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 2: (XX) 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif (22,798)
Seat 3: (XX) 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 4: (XX) J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 5: (XX) K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 6: (XX) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 7: (XX) 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Seat 8: (XX) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (15,611)

I bring it in for 500, get called by seats 2 & 8. (3100)

4th St.

KURN: (Q /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif)2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 2: (XX) 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 8: (XX) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Seat 8 checks, I bet, both call. (7600)

5th St.

KURN: (Q /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif)2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 2: (XX) 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 8: (XX) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked around (7600)

6th St.

KURN: (Q /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif)2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 2: (XX) 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 8: (XX) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Seat 2 checks, I bet, both call. (16,600)

River: I catch the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Seat 2 checks, I check, Seat 8 bets, Seat 2 calls.....

Action is on me. My play?

Comments? My action and results later.

Crossposted to Stud board.

fnord_too
02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Interesting hand. I'm curious as to what Andy B will say. Tough decisions on a lot of streets. Places where I see other plays possible (though I don't know what I do in any of them):

Bring it in for a full bet. As it turns out, that makes this hand play much easier. There are a lot of duplicated low cards, but most people will back off a three card rough low here on third street. The ace is scary, but you can gt away from your hand on third or fourth street if it raises. I think I like brining this in for a full bet, but that is something I don't do enough in stud/8.

6th street: I think I just check behind here, but I think betting is ok, too, since no one likes their hand enough to bet it. The reason I lean towards checking is I don't think you have enough folding equity. If two just made a rough low he's not going anywhere, and three probably isn't folding with potentially the best high hand.

River - I think that is a fold. I can't see him value betting a pair of sixes or a rough low there, so I think he has at least two pair.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Noticed an error in my post. The action on 6th & 7th streets is wrong. SEat 8 has the high board and acts 1st.

6th St. should read: Seat 8 checks, I bet, both call.

The river should read: Seat 8 checks, I check, Seat 2 bets, seat 8 calls...

nolanfan34
02-12-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river should read: Seat 8 checks, I check, Seat 2 bets, seat 8 calls...

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this action, I would probably call.

Seat 8 would have woken up a lot sooner I would imagine if he had a 6 in the hole. And looking at your board, it looks more like you might have missed your low, instead of going for the high. So seat 8 might think his 6s are good perhaps.

Seat 2 certainly seems to have a low, and may have even improved it a bit on the river. So given the action on the river, since you checked, I'd have to hope that seat 8 is just making a value bet with his pair, and I'd probably close my eyes and call.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-12-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm not afraid of a 6 in the hole for seat 8. No way he called the bring-in with half-dead split 6's. PLus, when he doesn't bet 5th street, I know the 8 didn't make 2 pair, and I've seen all four Queens, so he didn't make 2 pair on 6th.

On the other hand, I have two cards higher than his pair showing, so his call on the river suggests he can beat my highest pair.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-12-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't like bringing this one in for the full bet. If the ace raises, I'm an FTOP error waiting to happen.

Checking behind on 6th makes sense, I can then check-call the river because I won't think seat 8 needs to make 2 pair to call Seat 2's bet.

I think the bet on 6th put me in an untenable position. Now seat 2 knows I can't make a low, so if I bet the river, he can raise without fear, which puts me in a tough situation with only a pair playing for 85% of my remaining chips.

Andy B
02-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Andy B ain't much on tournaments, but his response is in the stud forum.

Kurn's third-street hand is dog doo. He should bring it in for the minimum and fold to a raise.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Kurn's third-street hand is dog doo. He should bring it in for the minimum and fold to a raise.

'twas my intention. Damn them for not raising!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif