PDA

View Full Version : I build the pot, only to get screwed...

tubalkain
02-12-2005, 09:31 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

excuse the added commentary, the converter doesn't catch all ins...

Checks around to me, Hero bets, calls around to MP who raises, SB and BB fold, Hero 3-bets. MP intentionally disconnects to avoid calling the 3bet with his gutshot straight draw...

Turn: (2 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 2 BB (a lot more)

MP makes his gutshot straight draw and takes down 5 BB pot. Hero goes on tilt and pisses away entire bankroll.

sthief09
02-12-2005, 09:37 AM
don't care

tubalkain
02-12-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't care

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say what I think about you, but your 7000x my postcount would likely result in my banning.

Screw it. You're an [censored].

How the hell would you deal with getting ripped off like this?

sthief09
02-12-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd get better responses by posting this here: FTR (http://www.flopturnriver.com)

tubalkain
02-12-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd get better responses by posting this here: FTR (http://www.flopturnriver.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... sending me to teh n00b forum. How civilized.

If you're a mod, ban me.

Otherwise, kindly do what this forum exists and tell me where I screwed up playing the hand.

sthief09
02-12-2005, 09:50 AM
it's gambling. if you aren't able to lose, you won't ever win

tubalkain
02-12-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's gambling. if you aren't able to lose, you won't ever win

[/ QUOTE ]

I can take a legitimate loss. If he'd called the 3-bet, I wouldn't be pissed and wouldn't be posting this... I'd be playing with him all day and all damn night. But the idiot didn't call me... he just disconnected and came back in THE NEXT HAND. Mighty convenient time to get booted, isn't it?

sthief09
02-12-2005, 09:54 AM
tell party poker, not me. if losing that pot tilts you, then play another game

tubalkain
02-12-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So shoot me for asking advice from better players. Isn't that the WHOLE POINT OF THIS FORUM?

How would I even go about asking Stars to look into what happened? It doesn't seem like something a support person is going to want to waste time on.

bakku
02-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Did you really piss away your entire bankroll?

tubalkain
02-12-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What little of it was left at that point, yes. I was down to about $150...

wowacedude
02-12-2005, 10:34 AM
You played it fine.

chesspain
02-12-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So shoot me for asking advice from better players. Isn't that the WHOLE POINT OF THIS FORUM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you want advice...O.K.:

1) Play on a site that doesn't have all-in protection [e.g. Paradise].
2) Don't post bad-beats, since no one cares.
3) Begin working on self-control and emotional maturity, both of which seem to be lacking in your case given both your responses to sthief and your tale of woe of tilting away your bankroll.

jordanx
02-12-2005, 10:39 AM
He's right. There is little of value in the hand you posted and it is confusing at best.

If you think he abused the all-in protection, report it to Poker Stars.

Never go on tilt, especially after loosing a 5bb pot, you are not mentally able to handle loss in poker.

colgin
02-12-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can take a legitimate loss. If he'd called the 3-bet, I wouldn't be pissed and wouldn't be posting this... I'd be playing with him all day and all damn night. But the idiot didn't call me... he just disconnected and came back in THE NEXT HAND. Mighty convenient time to get booted, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

People do legitimately disconnect due to bad internet connections, computer problems, etc., you know. Now I have no way of knowing whether or not this was a legitimate disconnect or an intentional (and illegitimate one). What I do know is that it is very rare for people to abuse their disconnection all-in protection in LIMIT ring games. Since the cost of just calling down on a hand is usually only a few big bets it is just not worth the risk of cheating. There would not be too many moments for the limit cheater where it would be particularly advantageous to disconnect and show down his hand without having to call down. Saving a couple of big bets on a hand just doesn't matter that much. If you are going to do that at all in limit, for it to have an impact you would have to do it all the time. And if you do it all the time you will get caught and reported.

Now contrast that with no limit and, in particular, no limit tourneys. In those situations there will be once-in-a-while situations where it will be very advantageous for the cheater to intentionally disconnect. When those disconnects happen the circumstances strongly suggest abuse (e.g., someone on the bubble suddenly disconnects when you your bet would put her all in).

Does MP constantly disconnect in these situations. If so, you can report that person. However, realiuze that it may just be a bad connection. When someone constantly disconnects in the types of situations I described above it becomes obvios they are cheating and sites may take action if you report them (I say "may" because Party used to be notorious, and perhaps still is, for failing to take action against players who were repeatedly abusing their "all in" protection in tourneys).

Personally, I don't feel that anyone has intentionally disconnected in a limit ring hand that I have been involved in. Never!

Anyway, if you are still not happy I believe that Poker Stars has tables that don't have all in protection for disconnects. You can always play on those.

Vern
02-12-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What little of it was left at that point, yes. I was down to about $150...

[/ QUOTE ]

Another important piece of advise would be: Don't play 3/6 with a $150 (25BB) bankroll.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.