PDA

View Full Version : Lucky on FX

Bigdaddydvo
02-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Anyone else remember this show? I vaguely recall it as a lite-hearted version of Tilt with better dialogue, and fewer over the top scenes attempting to be serious.

TStoneMBD
02-12-2005, 09:04 AM
i liked that show. i wish they didnt cancel it as i looked forward to it every week. i dont think the public was ready for a poker show at the time though. the poker on that show wasnt very accurate either, as lucky managed to win the main event twice in row at the WSOP, and apparently the WSOP was displayed as a winner take all event for a mill. regardless, it was a lighthearted sitcom with good dialogue as you said. good content.

Easy E
02-13-2005, 12:19 AM
The show couldn't decide what it wanted to be, therefore never finding a core audience. In addition, it didn't have the best slot if I remember correctly.

Daliman
02-13-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else remember this show? I vaguely recall it as a lite-hearted version of Tilt with better dialogue, and fewer over the top scenes attempting to be serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even still, it sucked too.

Gotta love the espisode where the protagonist's comedy relief buddies take up stealing old ladies' change buckets at the slots and making it seem funny. HAr-de-har-har.

Nottom
02-14-2005, 01:09 AM
I enjoyed the show. Unfortunately it came out a few months too soon as the poker boom was just starting to hit when it got canned.

Bigdaddydvo
02-14-2005, 09:36 AM
His two sidekicks that had a new gambling scam each week were awesome.

chucksim
02-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I liked it. Seemed to have an identity crisis between sitcom and drama, but pretty good, all in all. Poker wasn't all that realistic, but it wasn't a how-to show. His scam-a-week friends were a riot.

TimTimSalabim
02-14-2005, 03:35 PM
The poker sucked (people pushing all-in with their plastic chip racks), but the characters were likable and sometimes the show was even funny and interesting. One of them concerning his ex-wife who had committed suicide was even very moving. But it was also inconsistent, a lot of the episodes fell flat. I wouldn't mind seeing them again though, but I doubt if they'll make it to DVD.