PDA

View Full Version : A must read for those considering truepoker

08-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Something happened tonight that left me speechless and confirmed the thoughts I already had that truepoker was one of the best run poker sites on the net, if not THE best.

I had just gotten back from out of town and saw an email straight from the management of trupoker. It was titlted 2+2 post. I was obviously very intrigued and opened it. It was some positive and constructive comments on a recent post I had made on two plus two. This absolutely blew my mind. I have never seen a level of personal attention or actual care for the poker community that truepoker has been consistently demonstrating to me.

Even for questions like whether or not they are going to introduce 15/30 and 20/40, i am promptly answered and gladly told to speak to management about it.

Not to mention the fact I have successfully bought in and cashed out numerous times, the games are great and the tech support even better.

congrats trupoker, you are doing a great job and are now the only site I play at.

08-23-2002, 02:21 AM
i often get disconn from tp when i play there, but it does not happen to other sites. so i'm wondering is their connection bad or what's going on?

08-23-2002, 09:03 AM
any hands that you are involved in or at the table in when the server experiences one of its occasional shutdowns, no money is exchanged, everyone refunded to values they had before hand started. Its not a huge problem, happens at most once a week?

08-23-2002, 03:04 PM
I had a similarly good experience. After being out of town for about a week, I came home and discovered that my lawn had been mowed, my car washed, my apartment cleaned, and my cat's whiskers exiquisitely trimmed and curled. A note on the dining room table read, "Compliments of Truepoker." I'll be sending all my business there too.

08-23-2002, 03:59 PM

08-23-2002, 05:10 PM
If they willing to split and stack wood then I'm willing to try putting up with their silly check cards software thingie again.

MS Sunshine

08-23-2002, 07:43 PM
it allows for more tells

08-23-2002, 08:22 PM
not necessarily. Some people like playing with their cards, or it could be a reverse tell. You telling me that people can't remember their hole cards while playing?

08-23-2002, 09:05 PM
please, we know you like the site, but I think we know about what the value of the tells is worth. It is slow and doesn't work well with other poker site's software.

MS Sunshine

08-24-2002, 04:05 AM
its just as valuable as in live poker, and yes people do forget the suits of their hole cards, and yes people do attempt reverse tells in live poker too. as i said before, it makes it more realistic and is an advantage to perceptive players and provides at least some psychological insight. Next time a 3 flush comes on the flop, watch the table to see who checks their hole cards

08-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Ashok,

what would you think if a player looked at his cards once on the deal, and took ONE quick glance on each subsequent round? How would you process this information? (OTHER THAN thinking the player is stupid)