PDA

View Full Version : Internet Legalities..SERIOUS STUFF

08-22-2002, 10:38 PM
I noticed on Paradise for a number of days that the Nevada player count was noticeably -low-, in the afternoon today less that 10 players out of @ 2,000. Will SOMEBODY (anybody)PLEASE address the issue SERIOUSLY (even if it's an opinion) as to whether those of us that live in Nevada should not be playing online. It seems as though SOMETHING may be going on esp. effecting those players that live in Nv.( why the low player count?) The last thing I had heard was 'Don't worry about it..'.

No one wants to break the law, are there any REAL problems with playing online for us in Nv.? Can we now get in trouble for online play?

ANY opinions or comments are welcome, thanks, seems like a very important issue.

Beth

08-23-2002, 12:09 AM
How did you determine this?

08-23-2002, 12:47 AM
a Nevada state holiday (Benny Binion Day). In honor of Benny the vast majority of us observed Benny's last wish that we all take this day off each year and spend more time with our families.

I am sorry to hear you chose not to observe this notable holiday but perhaps you have no family nearby and poker is your family life. If this is the case I am sure Benny would understand.

08-23-2002, 01:20 AM
i'm hoping to go to jail so i can get free rent and food, hopefully cable tv too, no sex plz

08-23-2002, 01:39 PM
I also want to know how you determined this.

Either way, if I lived anywhere near a cardroom, I'd play live, not online. I'd guess there's a bias towards players from areas where there are no cardrooms.

Besides that, is 10 out of 2000 really so unreasonable? What percentage of the poker-playing world does Nevada contain?

08-23-2002, 04:27 PM
You could always get in trouble. There are specific state laws in Nevada that prohibit that activity.

There also state laws that prohibit sodomy - but i see that you partake in that activity quite regularly.

08-24-2002, 12:22 AM
Does that mean your sister wil be up for grabs Gooooooochy??

SELL ME YOUR SISTER!

08-24-2002, 01:47 AM
Thank you for your responses. My point/question was not so much @ Nevada players being a small % of those playing online (considering there ARE so many excellent players in esp. Vegas...BTW, I simply counted them, actually less than 8 out of 2,000 )...my point was are players in esp. Nevada getting spooked about getting busted for playing online? Should we be?

I called the Gaming Commission and was told that it was A "felony" TO PLAY ONLINE! The next day I called again and was told that it's 'Still a confusing issue, don't worry about it..'! Well, if I can get fined or go to jail, WE should be concerned, don't ya think?

I can't play any longer in real card rooms due to a lung problem.

Thanks for the input it(if you live in Nv.)may be a very important issue. Appreciate any and all comments.

Beth