PDA

View Full Version : bet turn / what about river? 1020NL

WorldBeater
02-12-2005, 05:11 AM
It's folded to me in the SB and I have 7c7d. I raise to 60.00. Both BB and I have about 2k to start hand. BB calls. I've played with the BB some and my read on him is that he is not great but not terrible. He had called a raise of mine earlier with 10 8 offsuit and called my flop bet with middle pair. I'm not sure if he always plays loose or if he thinks I am a frequent bluffer, but he has been called me with a couple of marginal hands. The game is SH, which may also be why he is playing somewhat loose.

Flop is Jc 4d 5d. I lead for 100, and the BB calls. The turn is 6h. I bet 350, and the BB calls. I considered checking the turn.

The river is 2h. I check.

Does care to comment on
1. Options on the turn

2. Options on the river

Or any other comments about my play on this hand.

Thanks

AZK
02-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Bruiser had a good post a few weeks ago about what to do with middle pair in a situation kind of similiar to this. You should check it out, I think there might be some useful advice in there, a la worse hands betting into you and better hands calling your bets if you check this flop, i think at least.

fsuplayer
02-12-2005, 02:07 PM
you really need to check the turn. a better hand is not likely folding, and you really really want to see that river.

i would check call the turn, then reevaluate the river.

as is, i would check call on alot of the time, based on your description.

WorldBeater
02-12-2005, 05:35 PM
I checked the river. My opponent checked behind. I showed my hand, which held. I did not see the other guy's hand.

WorldBeater
02-12-2005, 05:56 PM
"you really need to check the turn. a better hand is not likely folding, and you really really want to see that river.

i would check call the turn, then reevaluate the river."

Do you guys think that betting a marginal hand like this on the turn could pay off later when you have a big hand that is bet on the turn? Or that by only betting monster hands on the turn that it makes it too easy for your opponents to read you? Nobody likes a river bet here?

Thoughts?

WorldBeater
02-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks I'll see if I can find it.