PDA

View Full Version : 96 in BB flopping TP

dkernler
02-12-2005, 03:32 AM
Unfortunately, I was new to the table and had no read on MP2. He didn't stay long enough for me to even have a retrospective read.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, SB folds.

<font color="blue">I'm thinking TP short-handed looks pretty good. But with that kicker... Should I even bother with this small pot?</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

<font color="blue">Well, that was a nice card. Obvious bet here. (I hope.)</font>

River: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Now I'm thinking it's one of those 'marginal hands - only better ones will call' situations. Correct to check/call? Would it be better to bet/fold or check/fold instead?</font>

I just felt totally lost on this one.

Dead
02-12-2005, 05:34 AM
I think this is one of those examples of reverse implied odds.

I personally. check-fold this flop. The pot is too small to fight over, and you are going to be scared of 20 different turn cards(tens through Aces).

jon_keck
02-12-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm thinking it's one of those 'marginal hands - only better ones will call' situations. Correct to check/call? Would it be better to bet/fold or check/fold instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level, many worse hands will call you. Bet/fold looks like the best option since he could have been calling down with a flush draw or middle/low pair that he would pay you off with but not bet himself. I think check/call is fine though.

Nick Royale
02-12-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold looks like the best option since he could have been calling down with a flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]
Will he call a bet with a 4 flush?

I also like bet/folding this river, though.

Dead
02-12-2005, 03:51 PM
This isn't a reverse implied odds example?

Catt
02-12-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a reverse omplied odds situation because the pot is so small -- you're not tied to the pot / committed to showdown, so if faced with some heavy action you can release.

Nick Royale
02-12-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, actually it don't fullfill many of the requirements.
- The pot is small so you can fold to a turn raise if it's a scarecard.
- Hero leads the action so he'll get value from his hands when he's ahead.

OTOH I'm not completly comfortable knowing with in which situation you're getting reversed implied odds. Pretty confident this is not a time, though.