PDA

View Full Version : good bet?

mr pink
02-12-2005, 03:24 AM
folded up to a weak tight guy who thinks hes a pro in the CO who limps, I complete in the small blind w/ A8o, big blind checks.

flop: 7 5 7 rainbow 3 small bets

hero bets,...

is this a standard kind of bet for you guys? or just kind of boring?

Shillx
02-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Your preflop play and flop play aren't congruent. Why did you limp preflop? This looks like a raise/fold thing preflop. If he will limp in this spot with something like JJ then fold. If he will limp with lots of stuff (which probably isn't the case) then raise.

Brad

mr pink
02-12-2005, 03:37 AM
i honestly didnt even think about raising this preflop. i guess it's not such a bad idea.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-12-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your preflop play and flop play aren't congruent. Why did you limp preflop? This looks like a raise/fold thing preflop. If he will limp in this spot with something like JJ then fold. If he will limp with lots of stuff (which probably isn't the case) then raise.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

raising preflop in these spots can be overrated at times. i often like to complete and see.

mr pink
02-12-2005, 03:54 AM
what do you think my equity is on the flop against 2 random hands on a paired board of rags? ace high is likely to be the best hand out there a good portion of the time no?

Chris Daddy Cool
02-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Yes. your hand will be good a vast majority of the time here.

Sarge85
02-12-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. i often like to complete and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

You Limp?

I don't believe it...

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

mr pink
02-12-2005, 04:17 AM
i'm assuming you fold to a raise pretty easily here but what kind of action to you take if you get called in either spot and say another blank hits the turn?

i'd be inclined to check/fold the turn UI unless he's really loose. I figure i took a shot at it getting 3 to 1 and it failed. is it really worth another shot getting 2.5 to 1?