PDA

View Full Version : More river play

bones
02-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Similar to a hand I posted earlier..

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Comments, suggestions?

Redd
02-12-2005, 01:24 AM
I think I'd bet the river. You probably would have heard from an 8 on the flop, and these guys could still be holding a low pair or something.

Cormac Mannion
02-12-2005, 02:38 AM
I totally disagree with betting this river: why attempt to sell your hand with so many possible hands that beat you when you can check it? If he missed some stupid longshot flush draw, then he will fold, regardless. There are just so many combinations that he could be holding: A7, {[AK],8}s, 87s, or even a small set that he "filled up" with on the river -- or an overpair. Beware a check-raise here on the river from any hand that contains an 8, or any full house.

adamstewart
02-12-2005, 02:45 AM
That's how I'd have played it.

BTW, don't listen to the guy telling you to bet the river. Checking it through is the best play.

Just think: what worse hand calls you? nothing. Betting the river is clearly -EV because you're only going to get called (or reraised /images/graemlins/frown.gif) by better hands here.

Adam

GoblinMason (Craig)
02-12-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, don't listen to the guy telling you to bet the river. Checking it through is the best play.

Just think: what worse hand calls you? nothing. Betting the river is clearly -EV because you're only going to get called (or reraised /images/graemlins/frown.gif) by better hands here.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would've checked the river also, but I think I do that too much. The guy that said bet certainly isn't as crazy as you make him out to be though. What will they call you with that beats you? They will call you with a 4 or 6.

That said, I'd still check the river, but I think it's closer than you make it out to be.

-Craig

bones
02-12-2005, 05:23 PM
UTG showed T T/images/graemlins/club.gif and took it. SB had a busted club draw.

I'm pretty sure not betting the river is correct, but it feels like it's a hole in my game at this point.

adamstewart
02-12-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would've checked the river also, but I think I do that too much. The guy that said bet certainly isn't as crazy as you make him out to be though. What will they call you with that beats you? They will call you with a 4 or 6.

That said, I'd still check the river, but I think it's closer than you make it out to be.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think it's even close.

Adam