PDA

View Full Version : Does FISH traffic dramatically increase in relation to TV programming?

KKbluff
02-12-2005, 12:36 AM
I have heard from many sources and a few books that some of the most profitable times to play (besides the normal weekend fish hours) are after a big airing of a WSOP, TILT, or any other majorly viewed poker tv programming. What do you think the the validity of this is and WHY ?

Jurollo
02-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Easy, people want to replicate the rich people they see playing on TV.
~Justin

HopeydaFish
02-12-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard from many sources and a few books that some of the most profitable times to play (besides the normal weekend fish hours) are after a big airing of a WSOP, TILT, or any other majorly viewed poker tv programming. What do you think the the validity of this is and WHY ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this was more so the case years ago when ESPN first started adding poker programming. Now poker on TV isn't all that novel, so rather than getting a deluge of new players once a year after ESPN shows the WSOP, you get a steady trickle of players who have been regularly watching "Tilt" or the WPT or "Celebrity Poker" or what have you, and have decided to try the game for real.

KKbluff
02-12-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this was more so the case years ago when ESPN first started adding poker programming. Now poker on TV isn't all that novel, so rather than getting a deluge of new players once a year after ESPN shows the WSOP, you get a steady trickle of players who have been regularly watching "Tilt" or the WPT or "Celebrity Poker" or what have you, and have decided to try the game for real.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but dont you think that these shows may get some players (mainly newer players) "in the mood" to sign online and play there online money account.

You have to think that these shows subsequently inspire some players to "take another shot at it".