PDA

View Full Version : Tilt writers can't read a poker board

Yobz
02-12-2005, 12:31 AM
I dont know if you guys picked up on this or not (or if its already been mentioned here), but I recently downloaded the 4th episode and it starts off with a board of 4dJdXd turn is Xd and river is a 4c and she walks away from the table and they flip over JJ and the guys says "she walked away from the nuts" Freaking dumbasses /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Recliner
02-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I noticed that and was like "WTF"

KKbluff
02-12-2005, 12:39 AM
lol, hopefully all the new players are using there new found "tilt wisdom" and bringing it to their online play

dblgutshot
02-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Not really a big deal. People will refer to highest boat as the nuts even tho its really the second nut. Quads? yah i don't believe it haha

Shoe
02-12-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if you guys picked up on this or not (or if its already been mentioned here), but I recently downloaded the 4th episode and it starts off with a board of 4dJdXd turn is Xd and river is a 4c and she walks away from the table and they flip over JJ and the guys says "she walked away from the nuts" Freaking dumbasses /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we discussed this in the WPT forum and decided that this part of TILT is a realistic view of poker. How many times do you hear people at the table call something the nuts that isn't really the nuts. Or have someone proudly proclaim they have the nuts only to be shown the true nuts.

The tilt people are smarter than you think. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

tdarko
02-12-2005, 02:19 AM
yeah i was shocked and then my gf said "wtf! thats not the nuts," and i said i love you babe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drunk Bob
02-12-2005, 03:20 AM
I watched about 6 seconds of this show. That was enough.

tdarko
02-12-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched about 6 seconds of this show. That was enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha i have watched 3 minutes and it happened to be this exact scene...i missed the first two so i figured i would get caught up during one of those marathon showings when nothing else better to do.

touchfaith
02-12-2005, 03:27 AM
Tilt has me too scared to go to Vegas or play live cards ever again.

People jump over tables at you and throw you off of things.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Huskiez
02-12-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Xd on flop was 7d and Xd on turn was Td.

Turns out you also didn't know what the nuts was.

Belok
02-12-2005, 03:43 AM
See, what you have to do when you watch this show is look at it like a comedy, not an informative show.

"This is the gaming industry!! "
"I've been waiting to show these to someone all day"
"When it happened to me, it was like...ninjas do'in me."
"There's NO such thing as a poker pro!"

I find the show [censored] hilarious.
The 'drama' on top of that is enough to keep me waiting for the next episode. As long as you arent looking at it critiquing their poker details, its quite entertaining.
And Michael Madsen is the [censored].
resevoir dogs anyone?

Belok
02-12-2005, 03:44 AM
the nuts was 44, not JJ

:P

theredwave
02-12-2005, 03:49 AM
The 'nuts' was 8d9d for the straight flush. Haven't watched the show but all my gambooling buddies in college think its great. I know of 5 people from my fraternity alone that have started playing in the past three weeks and I think I can thank Tilt for part of that.

Belok
02-12-2005, 03:52 AM
lol, you're right, didnt see the strflush before.
so hers was the 3rd nuts.

Yobz
02-12-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Xd on flop was 7d and Xd on turn was Td.

Turns out you also didn't know what the nuts was.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you noticed, I never said what I thought the nuts were, I just noted that she didnt actually have them /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Axioms
02-12-2005, 05:00 AM
When I saw that little scene, I figured I just misread the board. Glad to know I'm not that bad at poker.

BTW, did anyone notice if she looked at her hand PF? I coulda swore she did then said that she was going to play in the dark.

sfwusc
02-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Yea i have seen the check in the dark with a pocket pair a couple of times. JJ is a little high PP to do that, but whatever.

Anyone want tilt to become the poker school for new players? I vote for it.

SWUSC

Allinlife
02-12-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i was shocked and then my gf said "wtf! thats not the nuts," and i said i love you babe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha that's hilarious

theRealMacoy
02-14-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

egg on your face dude with all that dissin
...and ending up second nut?

cheers
the Real Macoy

Rah
02-14-2005, 11:54 AM
So, some guys at a poker table didn't see what the nuts was? People often refer to highest boat as the nuts. If you watch CSI and enjoy it, would you care if someone told you that something they did on the show isn't possible IRL?
Kinda the same thing. If you want solid poker info, read a book or something. This is for entertainment.

av8or2
02-14-2005, 12:43 PM
I saw that ep, but I was so tired I thought I mis-read the table. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2ndGoat
02-14-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock that one up quick.

2ndGoat