PDA

View Full Version : Will party nail me for "colluding" if I .....

JoshuaD
02-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Sit at the same table as a friend of mine often, and play without colluding?

I try to win his money, he tries to win mine, we just enjoy playing full ring games together. Does this happen often at party? Will I get nailed for "colluding"?

Should I just send them an email asking them?

Thanks.

hate
02-11-2005, 11:43 PM
I think you mean I take your money, and you should just ask if it's ok if you neteller me 20BB a day.

Tboner7
02-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't think so. As long as you don't do anything suspicious like continuously fold to him, or him to you, then I don't think they can do anything.

HopeydaFish
02-12-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sit at the same table as a friend of mine often, and play without colluding?

I try to win his money, he tries to win mine, we just enjoy playing full ring games together. Does this happen often at party? Will I get nailed for "colluding"?

Should I just send them an email asking them?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing will probably come of it, as the same players tend to play at the same tables a lot without being friends -- for instance: when you consistently play at tables because your favorite fish are playing there.

That being said...be careful with the table chat. Even if you say nothing that can be considered as being collusion, if you seem too chummy with him, or make it known that you guys are friends (which would be moronic, of course)...someone at your table is bound to make a collusion complaint to Party. And then Party will check your histories...and low and behold Party discovers that you guys play at the same tables a disproportionate amount of the time...

JoshuaD
02-12-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...and low and behold Party discovers that you guys play at the same tables a disproportionate amount of the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my question. Let's assume they'll discover we play together often. Is that enough to get me in trouble?

Perseus
02-12-2005, 05:45 AM
Probably. I have never cheated, but I was talking to a friend of the families son who does...

...he is a "pro" gambler, nough said...

...and he thought he'd be slick by cheating party. He said he played one hour with a buddy of his and both were caught and thrown off the site with thier bankrolls frozen. When I said, "why didn't you just learn how to play, it's really not that hard if you put the time into it..."
he said,
"I just think it's much more profitable trying to beat the system."

Yeah. Seems it was very profitable to me. Anyways, I wouldn't risk it, as it seems they are on top of this kind of stuff. But who knows???

emonrad87
02-12-2005, 05:50 AM
But you CAN make a lot more that way... just look at The Matador!

Sandstone
02-12-2005, 07:02 AM
I play with the same people from the 2+2 IRC chat room all the time and we've never had any problems.

Like someone else said, as long as you're not folding with the nuts or engaging in other suspicious behavior (like chip dumping), I doubt Party cares. They realize people have friends want to play together. They have a buddy list for a reason.

downtown
02-12-2005, 07:12 AM
To add to the others' posts,
make sure you don't log onto party from his/her computer/IP address, or it's my understanding that you'll be barred from playing at the same table.

Michael Davis
02-12-2005, 08:22 AM
One of the problems with situations like this is that normal play between two people who know each other well can look like colluding. For example, I have a friend who knows I play well and we used to play at the same table in a B&M room a lot. Sometimes, if there was a third person in the pot, I would go crazy with bets and raises when it seemed unwarranted NOT because my friend and I were colluding, but because I knew he could lay down a hand and he would assume I wasn't effing around because the pot was protected. In certain situations, I felt as if I had enough bluff equity or felt as if I had a better hand than the third player but not my friend.

Now, if our hands had been turned over in these situations, it would have looked like collusion no doubt, but it was really just me trying to outplay him. Try explaining this to somebody else.

-Michael

ApolloQuiet
02-12-2005, 12:49 PM
I 4table 3/6 almost everyday. There are probably 10-15 players that I play with on a rather consistant basis, based on the fact that we all look for the same type of tables to play at. There was one guy (I think he was stalking me for some reason) that I played 3 hours with on all four tables, and never had any problem from Big Brother. As long as you don't make any weird plays between the two of you, you shouldn't have any problems.

klagett
02-12-2005, 01:40 PM
I got blocked from some random person in a sng once. He said oh you live in syracuse and I'm like yes and he's like I'm pretty much a town over.

Nothing was said after that and I got an email saying that I would not be able to sit at the same table as him.