PDA

View Full Version : Flopping 2 pair family pot draw heavy board

B00T
02-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Everyone at this table had a VPIP over 40, very passive so I didnt think limping PF was a disaster.

Did I do anything right this hand?

cab4656
02-12-2005, 12:07 AM
I probably would have folded preflop. But I can see that you want to take a flop and try to hit a big hand and let some maniacs spew to you, so I think it is okay in the right type of game.

I think the turn should be bet, but the big question is, what do you do if you're check-raised? Well, I think that you can live with being check-raised here. Top two is pretty strong shorthanded (and you can beat a few hands that might check-raise you, like AT, AhXx, lower two pair, etc.), even though a 7 or two hearts could be out there. And if they are, you still have FH outs to fall back on. I think I bet the turn.

Alobar
02-12-2005, 12:24 AM
fold preflop

call the flop raise and raise a good turn, how you did it, you need to bet the turn, you cant be scared of the flush or the seven, and from his action its less likely he has either of those, dont give him a free card to beat you with.

river, well that one is obvious /images/graemlins/smile.gif

naphand
02-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Bet the Turn, call a raise.

You are ahead enough times to make the Turn bet for value, you will be raised enough times by a single /images/graemlins/heart.gif or worse hands to make calling down easy, and you will hit FH enough times and extract the max from the flush to cover any doubts you may have.