PDA

View Full Version : Quick Odds

JC21
02-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm trying to improve my NL play, and I'm wondering if there are any quick preflop odds to memorize. For instance, I know that a pair vs. two overcards is about 50% to win, or that AK has about a 60% chance of beating any two unpaired undercards. What other simple probabilities should I know?

the alex
02-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Preflop:
PP v. lower PP: 4:1 fav (around 80%)

XY v. XZ (Y>Z where both have straight possibilities i.e. AQ v. AJ) : 3:1 fav (around 74%)

XY v. XZ (Y>Z, but X cannot make a straight with Y, but can with Z i.e. A7 v. A5) : 3:2 fav (around 62%)

XY v. XZ (Y>Z, but X cannot make a straight with Z, but can with Y i.e. AQ v. A7) : 5:2 fav (around 70%)

XX v. YZ (Y>X>Z i.e. QQ v. A7 and AJ because AJ needs a Q to make a straight) : 2.5:1 (around 70%)

XX v. YZ (X>Y>Z, but YZ connect and don't need X for a straight and YZ are suited i.e. K/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif v. 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ) : 3:1 (around 75%)

XY v. ZN (X>Z>N>Y where ZN are suited and connecting and need XY for a straight. i.e. A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif v. K/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif ) : 5:4 fav (around 55%)

Flop+:
Straight/flush draw is only a 42% dog to a set.

i.e.
A: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
B: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gifX

B is slightly worse than a 3:2 fav.

Here's a good resource for post-flop #'s:
http://www.flopturnriver.com/start_pot_odds.html

JC21
02-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Wow, thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the quick response.