PDA

View Full Version : CDC was right...

private joker
02-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Okay, against most players, betting relentlessly until the hand is over, even with legitimate slowplaying hands, can be profitable. I resisted all temptations toward FPSing in this hand, and here is what happened.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Kh (four of a kind, kings).
MP2 has Qc Jh (full house, kings full of jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.75 BB. </font>

JoshuaD
02-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Nicely played. Checking that flop would have been too conspicuous. My way of slowplaying these hand is to just call a flop raise, and checkraise the turn.

Nice hand.

gaming_mouse
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I like it. What does FPSing stand for?

Nate tha' Great
02-11-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nicely played. Checking that flop would have been too conspicuous. My way of slowplaying these hand is to just call a flop raise, and checkraise the turn.

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever Chris Daddy Cool would 3-bet. He might then check-raise if his opponent decided to 4-bet.

JoshuaD
02-11-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever Chris Daddy Cool would 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I'm not saying you should slowplay these hands. I'm just saying that if I was intent on slowplaying, that's how I would do it.

jason_t
02-11-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does FPSing stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy Play Syndrome.

poboys
02-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Love it. Who in their right mind would put you on the K? Screams mid pocket pair.

Derek in NYC
02-12-2005, 01:21 AM
You know, for every one of these hands you have, you'll have one where you flop the stone cold nuts, bet it, and the entire field folds. Your reads on your competition are pretty important. (I would have used FPS on 4th street, by the way.)

private joker
02-12-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(I would have used FPS on 4th street, by the way.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? And give 2 spades, or AQ, or AT a free river?

JoshuaD
02-12-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, for every one of these hands you have, you'll have one where you flop the stone cold nuts, bet it, and the entire field folds. Your reads on your competition are pretty important. (I would have used FPS on 4th street, by the way.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're folding to a flop bet, you really expect them to call a turn bet?

Just bet out and hope they have something to call with.

Derek in NYC
02-12-2005, 01:28 AM
In a heads up pot im not really that concerned about the draws.

Just to clarify: (1) the flush draw is really quite improbable given the flop; (2) the str8 again is possible, but assumes semi-loose preflop calls, with really loose flop calls.

The problem with flops like this is that, shorthanded, you've got a crippled board. Your lone opponent isnt likely to care much for this flop unless he holds a king, or to a lesser extent, a jack.

Your river action is atypical, and happens only b/c the guy was holding a pair like TT or a jack. This is a tiny pot on 4th street, so I FPS it here not so much b/c of the chance that villain will make a second best hand (he can't, as I said, the board is crippled), but rather because it is heads up and he can make a play at the board.

More often than not, I think you bet on 4th street and win the pot immediately, so let him bluff at it. Call the bluff, then bet the river.

In a multiway pot, bet fourth street because of the excellent chance that you will be raised.

me454555
02-12-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who in their right mind would put you on the K? Screams mid pocket pair

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is exactly why I love betting instead of slowplaying. Never though betting could feign weakness. Who knew?