PDA

View Full Version : Am I completing from the SB too often? Not often enough?

JoshuaD
02-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm looking at my PT positional stats, and I'm profitable in every position but the BB and SB. However, I'm losing more in the SB( -.12BB/hand) than I am in the big blind (-.10BB/hand).

I realize that I'm losing less than I'm ante'ing in these positions, however, it seems I should be able to show less loss from the SB than in the BB.

What hands is everyone completing with? Assume the small blind is 1/2 the big blind.

I complete with any suited hand, most high cards, low pocket pairs, some connectors (like 89o).

I raise pretty much by the book. If the hand's short I'm raising with KJo and anything better. 88 and anything better. Maybe 77.

If it's got alot of people limping(5+), I'm more inclined to limp with the weaker hands( KJo, 88, 99 ).

My stats are:

Total hands: 33,459
.5/1 Hands: 16,093
1/2 Hands: 7,506
2/4 Hands: 9,860

Hands played in SB: 3,904
Hands played in BB: 4,206

VP$IP from SB: 30.15
VP$IP from BB: 15.88

PFR% from SB: 8.25
PRR% from BB: 7.37

Win% from SB: 30.96
Win% from BB: 22.97

Folded SB to steal: 81.22
Folded BB to steal: 61.78

Any comments/help appreciated.

beachbum
02-11-2005, 10:53 PM
I've lost almost twice as much in the BB as the SB. My VPIP from the SB is 31. Weird.

I try not to raise too much out of position here. Only with say 9's or 10's or better with no more than 3 limpers, AA-JJ, AK, AKs-AJs, KQs. I'll raise AQ about half the time. I like to raise KJs with at least 3 limpers and maybe KTs or QTs with 4 or 5. This will create a big pot for me I can fold easily on the flop if I don't flop a good draw.

Other that than, I try to limp with almost any 2 broadway cards and any pair not mentioned above. I'll play 2 suited cards but not 2Ts with only 2 limpers, for example. I'd like more players to give me better odds. Sometimes I limp 9T, T8, 78, unsuited connectors like this.

Other than the no-brainer raising hands, I try to make my raise/limp decisions based on who and how many have limped already. Also, consider the BB's willingness to raise behind you.

Seems like we're not too different. Maybe just how you've played from there post-flop, or just variance.

krishanleong
02-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I won't always raise TT if the field is large. I think raising 99-77 is pretty bad unless you are raising for set value. And if that is the case, you should be raising 22 as well.

Krishan

Harv72b
02-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm going to echo what was said above--if anything, your SB VPIP seems a touch low for a 1/2 blind structure. Your PFR is about 0.5 higher than mine, which I don't believe is significant, either.

Your win % is insanely high; I'm thinking that you used W$WSF instead of straight win % here.

I'm not sure what else to say...I can't find any real fault with your stats, and it seems a little too easy to just claim variance. I would tend to suspect that at least part of the problem lies in postflop play, and so posting some of your SB plays here would seem like a logical next step.

FWIW, over ~5K fewer total hands, 20% played at 3/6, my SB VPIP is 32.53, 7.82% PFR, -0.03 BB/hand.

JoshuaD
02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Your win % is insanely high; I'm thinking that you used W$WSF instead of straight win % here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I did. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, over ~5K fewer total hands, 20% played at 3/6, my SB VPIP is 32.53, 7.82% PFR, -0.03 BB/hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, nice winrate in the SB. You said that's after ~28k hands?

Is there anyone in the green from the either of the blinds with over 10k hands?

Harv72b
02-11-2005, 11:35 PM
I was in the green after about 15k, then I started playing some 3/6 and didn't ajust to the 1/3 blinds quickly enough.

I'm sure that win rate is very inflated right now, but I'll take it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JoshuaD
02-12-2005, 07:44 PM