PDA

View Full Version : AKo flops top 2, meets aggression

reubenf
02-11-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm just switching over from Party to Stars, which means moving up a limit from .25/.5 and getting used to all that jazz. So I already feel kind of lost.

Anyway, on to the hand, when BB bets the flop I consider just calling down, fearing a set.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Zoelef
02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Well played. If BB has 88, then he probably reraises the turn. Seeing as he didn't, I can't fathom you being behind him at that point. (A8?)

I'm also not reraising the river for obvious reasons.

shadow29
02-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Nice hand.

dangerous_badman
02-11-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm expecting to see an inferior two pair from BB and a random A from CO most of the time. I very much doubt BB calls two cold on the flop here with 88 unless he is an absolute fool - reads help us assess whether or not this is likely. BB looks like A8 to me, and CO a dominated Ax. I see no reason to believe that your hand is not good at any point.

reubenf
02-11-2005, 10:50 PM
You gotta hand it to results oriented thinking--I was totally expecting to get flamed for not slowing down. BB shows KK, MHING, LOLOLOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dangerous_badman
02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta hand it to results oriented thinking--I was totally expecting to get flamed for not slowing down. BB shows KK, MHING, LOLOLOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. Whenever something like this happens, I silently thank BB for not extracting a whole heap more bets from me, and then add him to my buddy list.

Well played.

reubenf
02-11-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hehe. Whenever something like this happens, I silently thank BB for not extracting a whole heap more bets from me, and then add him to my buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think that's the right play, and it isn't close.