PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars, FPP, and their $100K freeroll

08-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Thanks though to MS Sunshine for inquiring about FPP transfer. Although I wouldn't have valued them at even CLOSE to 2.5 cents each (especially for these tournaments), I would have paid anyway...money is not an issue...I like the action (I know, I know, I'm an ideal opponent) /images/smile.gif Assume I bought straight into one of the main events for 10K FPP (at 2.5 cents each= $250.00). The larger of the two prize pools is $52,000..., meaning that there could be no more than 208 players before the FPP drop below a value of $0.025 each. (not even touching the fact previous mentioned about all the wasted FPP in the Round 1 tourneys) There will be 13 round two tournaments for a total of 117 seats automatically awarded. Add my entry= 118...that means no more than 90 players could buy in for the 10K FPP. I don't have #'s (or even the faintest idea) about how many players will have 10K by mid-November...but I'm confident there will be far more than 90. (250? 300?) The other tourney in December is even worse a bargain, as the prize pool drops by $2K and there are 3 additional round 2 tournaments (or 27 more seats awarded)...Maybe this will be offset by players with more than 10K but less than 20K entering the 1st tournament, and creating a smaller number of direct buy-ins for the Limit Hold 'Em main event.

What I'd like to see is some tables that were not real money, not play tables, but FPP tables, where someone like me could play with 1000-2000 FPP and play (limit or NL) to try to reach 10 or 20K. I'm sure there are a lot of players in a similar situation as myself that would welcome the opportunity. But why would PokerStars do that when they have the Round 1 tournaments where you could conceivably turn 100FPP into 1000FPP and then turn the 1K into 10K, all the while collecting back all those extra points... Hell, they could rake the FPP games too for all I care...give me a more viable option than trying to beat 300+ players TWICE!

I didn't read back over this to see if it made any sense, but if it didn't, just refer back to the name and you will know who you are dealing with...thanks!! /images/smile.gif

08-22-2002, 03:44 AM
>give me a more viable option than trying to beat 300+ players TWICE!

Not 300 but 30! You need to make the final table not to win.

08-22-2002, 01:35 PM
Yes, you must beat 300+ players to the final table once, then beat about 200+ to the final table again to win an opportunity to compete with about 200 players for the $50K.

The early rounds of this promotion seem geared to those players that count poorly.

MS Sunshine

08-22-2002, 11:34 PM
>The early rounds of this promotion seem geared to those players that count poorly.

or to the ones who don't have 10,000 FPPs.