PDA

View Full Version : how often do you make this turn bluff raise?

BK_
02-11-2005, 09:54 PM
hypothetical situation. assume 5/10 6 max. you are a tag, as is the bb in the hand. you both know that the other person is a tag.

you raise utg with a hand in your normal range. the bb calls. flop is something like 9 4 2 rainbow. he checks, you bet, he raises. you call. turn is a king to complete the rainbow. he bets, you raise.

how often do you make this raise with a non paired hand? never, sometimes, often, very often?

Nate tha' Great
02-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Somewhere past never about three-fifths of the way along to sometimes.

BK_
02-12-2005, 02:30 PM
if utg is a tag and bb knows utg is a tag, this raise seems pretty nice. the 2 most likely hands for the bb are a a flopped pair or a pure bluff. the chances he is holding a king is pretty small here since he is out of the bb. since the bb has to acklowledge the possibility that utg has a king a decent portion of the time due to his pf raise utg and turn raise, he will fold his pure bluff almost 100% of the time and will fold his flopped pair a decent % of the time.

utg needs the bb to fold roughly 2/5 of the time for this move to be profitable. i think if the bb is particulaly tight aggressive, this is an easy number to reach. maybe use this strategy more in very shorthanded situations?

captZEEbo1
02-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I don't bluff much in 5/10 6max after someone has shown strength. People seem to call down ANY pair, no matter what scare cards come.

aflaba
02-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I did it sometimes in the past. Nowadays I never use it. Mostly becuse I feel I haven't thought that play through enough. Since a good situation to do it occurs so seldom I feel it needs some special attention.

I intend to take it up in the future though. I am convinced it can be profitable in itself. It also helps you on the meta-game level.

Bellagibro
02-13-2005, 04:19 AM
All the time, that's why I'm broke /images/graemlins/tongue.gif