PDA

View Full Version : 2 player drinking games

mason55
02-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Ok, i need 2 player drinking games to play. Anyone got any ideas? My roommate and I play golf (the card game) and 1 on 1 beirut, but we need some more card games to play.

edtost
02-11-2005, 09:30 PM
pong, quarters

mason55
02-11-2005, 09:37 PM
yeah pong = beirut... quarters is good too.. i want card games though... card games that don't involve poker.

freakintemp
02-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi-low is good for two people

mason55
02-11-2005, 09:40 PM
?? how do you play hi low?? is that the one where you guess whether the next card is higer or lower? if you get 5 in a row it's the other persons turn and if you miss you take as many drinks as you got right? i forgot about that one... it's lethal but really fun!

Phoenix1010
02-11-2005, 09:42 PM
It's all about quarters. My roomate and I have wasted many hours bouncing coins into shotglasses, and we've made like 4 variations of the standard game.

If you're in a hurry though, try flipping coins for drinks. Heads you drink tails he/she does. Gets the job done.

mason55
02-11-2005, 09:43 PM
variations? i'm interested in your ideas and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter

freakintemp
02-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, thats about as good as I remember it. You definitely have to get a certain amount right in a row to pass the turn. You can probably google a few sets of rules for it. Gets you good and faded. Quarters was always my personal favorite. Though my all time favorite drinking game was Dead or Alive 3 for shots. I wasn't even close to my opponents skill wise, so I took a lot of early shots, but they were'nt experienced drinkers, so they quickly caught up with me. I think the night took a turn for the worse when I grabbed the bottle of Percs my friend had and counted out two for each of us. My friend managed to convince me it was a bad idea, so I didn't take them. I woke up with a sore liver and coudln't find the percs anywhere.

Freakin

Freakin

freakintemp
02-11-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
variations? i'm interested in your ideas and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite quarters variation is speed quarters. Hardly a 2 person game, as its better with at least 6-8 people. Two glasses, two quarters, both start at opposite ends of the table. A big pitcher is placed in the middle and everyone pours some of whatever they're drinking into the pitcher. The two people who have glasses/quarters start trying to make it at the same time. As soon as you get it in, you pass the glass to your right. If the glass on your left catches up to you (person on your left makes it before you do) then you drink the pitcher.

Freakin

bogey
02-11-2005, 09:58 PM
good 2 person game is caps

sit on the floor about 10 feet apart with cups of beer,
take turns trying to throw bottle caps into each others beer

keep score, make rule changes as you see fit

Phoenix1010
02-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Speed quarters is way better with 4 or 5 players.

Our best two player variation: Super Quarters
It's a turn based game so it might be too slow for you.

Each player gets a shotglass and 4 quarters.
Player 1 shoots his four quarters consecutively until he misses 1 or all 4 are made. When the turn is over, player 2 does the same.

If player 1 does not make his first shot, it switches to player 2's turn.

If he makes 1- player 2 takes 1 drink

If he makes 2 in a row- player 2 takes 4 drinks

If he makes 3 in a row- player 2 takes 6 drinks

If he makes 4 in a row- player 2 owes 8 drinks AND
Player 1 slams his quarters down and yells "Set 'em up!"
Player 2 then arranges the two shot glasses exactly 5 quarter spaces apart. Player 1 then chooses 1 of the quarters and has a chance at a "Gamebreaker." If he can bounce his quarter from behind his shotglass and into player 2's shotglass, player 2 then owes another 40 drinks, on top of the previous 8. After the drinks are paid, the turn is over and player 2 shoots.

Very fun game for two players. We've had people gather around to watch us at parties and bars because we get so into it. Gamebreakers seriously drive the crowd wild.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Steve

Beerfund
02-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Pig Fukcer

Deal out all the cards into 4 piles. Each player gets 2 piles. Turn over the top card on all piles, 1st player turns over next card on his first pile, if the number or suit matches any other number or suit then everyone with that # or suit drinks the # on the card. ie, turns over the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and your up cards are the 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif and the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif then you would drink 8 + 13(for the king)= 21; and the other guy would drink 8. After going through the deck once you'll know why we call it pig fukcer.

Catch of the Day
02-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Nice game, gonna have to try that sometime...

Catch-

edtost
02-12-2005, 01:30 AM
pong != beirut.....pong involves paddles, beirut does not.

sthief09
02-12-2005, 01:51 AM
sex

mjohnson406
02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Beer die is the best drinking game out there. Beer die rules (http://www.realbeer.com/fun/games/games-190.php)

SGS
02-12-2005, 05:47 PM
This guy knows what he is talking about.

SGS

housenuts
02-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Cross the Bridge is a good one

Deal out a bridge as long as you want (12 cards is probably standard)

And your friend has to try to cross it. For every Jack add a card to the bridge and he has 1 sip, every Queen add 2 and he has 2 sips, every King add 3 and he has 3 sips. After he has successfully crossed the bridge, or run out of cards in the deck then it is your turn.

this game is fun because sometimes you get totally screwed and have the max 24 drinks a round, and your friend gets none, or vice versa.

PokerCat69
02-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Sounds pretty lame to play a drinking game with just 2 people. Unless this is with a lady of course.
The point of any drinking game is to get the other people hammered, which is fun with a group of people. But just 2 dudes drinking alone & trying to get each other as drunk as possible is borderline gay in my opinion.

If your drinking with a guy watch sports, talk business, bout women etc. Don't sit around like a couple ferries playing little games. If you do, at least drink beer for christ sakes, nothing pink or with an umbrella in it.

PokerCat69
02-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Don't take the above post serious - just having some fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif

housenuts
02-12-2005, 06:20 PM
i find i'll often be at a party and end up getting in a chat with a friend. after a while the conversation will start to die off or we'll decide we want to get shitfaced and someone will propose a quick drinking game. usually it just last a few minutes, enough time for us to slam a few beers and get back to the party.

Leo99
02-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Drinking games with your roomate = queer. I mean, just the two of you? Two is a couple. Three is a party. You need one more person to get unqueer. Why don't you invite some ugly girls to drink with you. The more you drink, the better looking they'll get.

Slacker13
02-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Two games I love to play and will play for hours is Dirty Clubs and Cribbage. Two great games that few people know how to play but are great to play heads up and multiple people.