PDA

View Full Version : PP 15/30 flop a monster

kurosh
02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>?

PFR was a TAG. Everyone else was LAG or LP.

Grease
02-11-2005, 09:02 PM
If the PFR was a TAG, why did you call his raise? Just doesn't seem like solid play...
On the other hand, I love the call, 3-bet. You really tied everyone to their hand and are building a huge pot. You must have some bear information about the guys behind you to make the PF call.

Mate0
02-11-2005, 09:07 PM
After this flop and a bet and a raise before me i might just call instead of 3 betting. I would do this to make my raise worth more on the turn (if a bet and a raise after me i would expect one to lead out and bet on the turn). Am I right with this logic?

kurosh
02-11-2005, 09:10 PM
PF is fine. There was a caller before, a poster and loose-passive table. I knew at least one or two more would come along and if I hit a nice flop I'd take down a big pot.

I'm not sure about my flop 3-bet because it pretty much announces, "I have a monster."

Entity
02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine. There was a caller before, a poster and loose-passive table. I knew at least one or two more would come along and if I hit a nice flop I'd take down a big pot.

I'm not sure about my flop 3-bet because it pretty much announces, "I have a monster."

[/ QUOTE ]

The call-3bet is almost always a monster, and occasionally a monster draw. I guess I'd probably just checkraise CO on the turn.

I really don't think PF is fine. I think it's pretty bad, actually. Your relative position sucks, you've got J9s, which needs a lot of players on average, and you're very likely to flop a drawing hand with J9s, as opposed to a made hand -- which means you'll usually be drug along to the river with bad position to raise/trap bets from the field.