PDA

View Full Version : A (Better Than) Free Lunch & A Cashout Curse Tip

08-21-2002, 03:19 PM
I went home for lunch and grabbed a ham sandwich and glass of milk. Still had 20 or so minutes to kill so I logged on to Party Poker. I had no time for game selection so I checked the cashier and had $451 so I deceided to play as many tables as this would reasonably buy me into. Turns out I landed in three 3/6 games, Omaha8, 7Stud hi-low and Holdem. Came in the BB at holdem with J9 spades, 5 callers, raised by the button all called. I flop an open end str8 flush draw, make the nut str8 on turn and miracle ticket on the river (for the str8 fklush) when the board pairs and I get paid off by top full (Q's) and Quad 8's (8 of spades on river). So far so good +$192 first hand.

I set wait for BB in Omaha8 and post in the stud game. I am dealt (A2)3 and call a $3 bring in by a deuce, 4 players.4th st (for me) is the 4d, still 4 players bet with 2 raises. My 5th st card completes my wheel, it is capped 3 handed. Two big irrelevant blanks, capped on both streets and as Mason would say "My hand was good". A scooper worth $177 profit. (Am now + $392)

During this hand I folded the SB at holdem and am dealt JT diamonds on the button. It is 3 bets to me before the flop I call and the BB caps it, all call 5 players see the flop. Another dream flop Ad Kd Qs, I flop the joint with a draw to the Royal NUTZ!! It is 3 bets to me I just call but the BB caps it, now 4 handed. The turn is just like in a movie, yes you guessed it Qd. Bet by BB, raised, three bet and I cap it still 4 handed. River is a blank (obviously /images/smile.gif ).I make the 3 bet this time and capped by the BB who shows K's full, MP shows A's full Cutoff of course had Quads and I got to show my underdog suckout for a whopping pot with $225 profit here for a now grand total of + $617 in 5 minutes max! I have folded a couple of antes in the 7stud game when my Omaha8 table beeps. I am still plus $616 so I leave all three tables with 10 minutes to kill.

Now for the cashout curse!! I just cashed a dime ($1000) last night at bedtime. Perhaps everyone else at my tables had cashed out more often or more recently than me and I was the lucky recepient of their collective cashout curses. At any rate it is going to be more dificult than ever to convince me it exists!

Jimbo