PDA

View Full Version : Calling it here?

bigredlemon
02-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1355)
UTG (t2975)
Button (t1590)
SB (t2080)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t500) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, UTG calls t200.

Turn: (t900) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, UTG all in, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1100

Do I call it here?

Villain has been quiet for the most part so raising when the flush draw came made it look like he was protecting a set or top pair, but that wouldn't make sense since I'd had to call with a flush draw given the pot odds.

I ended up folding and busted out of money shortly thereafter.

I'm guessing I should have pushed on the flop or at least the turn, so this would have been a non-issue?

Scuba Chuck
02-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Considering the stacks of the players to your left, I think this is a safe fold. Push the next two hands, to capture your chips.

ChrisV
02-12-2005, 01:32 AM
You're getting almost 4-1 on your money at the end and there's a good chance UTG is on a spade draw or simply attacking your weak betting.

I would have checkraised allin on the flop. There's no way I'm folding top pair here, ever.

Scuba Chuck
02-12-2005, 01:39 AM
This looks more like a battle of top pair whose got the weaker kicker battle to me.

JoeTable
02-12-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting almost 4-1 on your money at the end and there's a good chance UTG is on a spade draw or simply attacking your weak betting.

I would have checkraised allin on the flop. There's no way I'm folding top pair here, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way he's on a flush draw there. And even if he's bluffing, I'd look for a better spot. Not about to go down on what is most likely a kicker battler.

ChrisV
02-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Why would you put UTG on top pair? He's the big stack but limped, which presumably rules out AK-KT since he'd raise. You can rule out a set for the same reason. K6 and K5 you tie with on heaps of river cards. But more to the point, why would he have one of the two remaining kings in the deck in his hand, as opposed to any other two cards? His play could be anything that he doesn't want to fold on the turn. A king, a queen, a seven, a draw, anything.

Do you think he's putting you on top pair when you've min-bet twice in a row?

raptor517
02-12-2005, 07:12 AM
impossible to fold top pair here. if you did, dont again /images/graemlins/wink.gif iz not good.

Munkster
02-12-2005, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering the stacks of the players to your left, I think this is a safe fold. Push the next two hands, to capture your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a safe fold because you are severely short stacked? And oh, you will have so much folding equity when you push the next few hands..

This is a call and it's not even close. Like someone already mentioned, check raising the flop would be my preferred choice but folding here is ridiculous.