PDA

View Full Version : pokerroom.com frustrations?

slantsix
02-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Has anyone found pokerroom.com games to be more frustrating than those at other online poker sites? I see very strange things happen all the time and often to my detriment. I only play there because I have a mac. I will soon have a pc. Does anybody have a site they recomend where the games are soft but not seemingly stacked against you.

Oblomov
02-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Lol. If you think PokerRoom is stacked against you (I assume because of bad beats you have suffered), than stay away from Party.

Seems like you want to have your cake and eat it. Either the games are soft, in which case you’ll get action but also a steady stream of bad beats, or the games are tight, in which case no one will draw out on you, because they will all have folded away from your raise pre flop. Seems to me you need to learn to love bad beats, they encourage people to play badly, and that will pay dividends to you in the long run. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Wahoo91
02-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I think it is the other way around. PokerRoom is very tight.

slantsix
02-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm not complaining about the bad calls and loose games, I like that. I'm just wondering if something even more fishy is going on with the card distribution or flops intended to juice pots to fake players calling you down. Am I crazy?

mason55
02-11-2005, 09:17 PM
no you are not crazy, i know the owner of pokerroom he told me it's rigged but DON'T TELL ANYONE I TOLD YOU.

slantsix
02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Are you serious, or are you trying to tell me that I'm really crazy?

mrjim
02-11-2005, 10:16 PM
You're crazy, and what they are saying is if you move to Party, it will be twice as bad. You will be drawn out on significantly more than at Pokerroom because the games are MUCH looser.

detroitplayer
02-12-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not complaining about the bad calls and loose games, I like that. I'm just wondering if something even more fishy is going on with the card distribution or flops intended to juice pots to fake players calling you down. Am I crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be crazy, but I guess so am I sometimes. While playing at pokerroom I've thought strange things. Not enough for me to wave the "ITS RIGEDGGED!" flag, but more than enough to grab my attention.

In NL whenever there's heavy action pre flop, the flop ends up almost always along the lines of AAK / KQJs / KKT, etc. I don't think I've ever in my life seen a heavily raised pot pre flop produce a flop of rainbow rags... and I made sure I was unbiased and paid close attention.

But for now, we'll just chalk it up to coincidence.

billyjex
02-12-2005, 01:06 AM
I just sat down with $300 at a 5/10 5-max table at pokerroom.com and lost it all against some really, really bad players.. it's rigged!

Just kidding. Maybe you just suck.

edfurlong
02-12-2005, 04:40 AM
I've just started playing there the last couple days for their signup bonus and I've found the 2/4 games to be quite soft. A little tighter than party, but super passive. The software doesn't raise any flags for me, but I've been winning....