PDA

View Full Version : Question about Data

08-21-2002, 01:32 AM
What do people on stars think about this Lt.CommanderData pud? He seems to think he is the joint. He is allway's comming up with catchy phrases such as "nice suckout". Also I notice he is one of the players who are constantly haveing their "back patted" by the large number of railbirds watching a game at any givin time.

I think this Lt.CommanderData pud is a complete and total waste of bandwidth. My reasons are as follows:

1. His game is weak-tight IMO

2. Anyone who would critique the play of others is obv an idiot

3. The more railbirds wishing you well....the bigger douche bag you are. Sometimes I think he's just the 1 railbird that made it.

08-21-2002, 02:27 AM
Holla,

Don't let the fact that you don't have many friends get you down. And about Data, I happen to know a little about him. He was brought up in a very tough environment, to the point that even his imaginary friend was verbally abusive. So you have to understand that when he says "Nice hand you xxxxing idiot. What a xxxxing moron," his intent is not at all to be meanspirited. -The Truth

08-21-2002, 02:32 AM
Hate just makes him stronger.

It's surprising how long he has kept his chat this time.

As for the weak tight, I must disagree, more med tight med ag. Oh, by the way, he's one of the best players on the site. A tournament killer, not the guy you want to see with chips.

MS Sunshine

08-21-2002, 08:39 AM
He's one of the best online tournament players.

His chat is always amusing and often informative, when you are as good a player as him, he will teach you the ways of the IPS and you will be able to understand his humour.

Until that day arrives however, you are condemned to only hear him say "nice suckout" because you will never be in front when the money goes in.

How many totally silent poker tables have you sat at in live games? For me the intelligent banter that goes on is part of poker (and often un-intelligent bitching like you are doing).

May I recommend you end your poker career and take up chess?

08-21-2002, 01:59 PM
MS could you share with us your database of the top players at pokerstars?This would normally sound like the answer should obviously be no but I did read in an earlier post that you could be quitting pokerstars sometime soon and besides that there was a database of players a while back from party which many of us found very helpful.Thanks in advance from one of many who enjoy your posts on this site.

08-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Greetings J Holla...suck it up you crybaby...if you don't appreciate the occasional light banter from the players you always have the opportunity to check mark the "all-silent" for the chat box...as for his style of play I personally don't like being at the same table with him in the middle rounds...he'll eat your lunch and then your dinner

08-21-2002, 03:23 PM
I may be in the minority, but I the guy is weak.

Probably too far right to really scare me. An easy rule to follow on this guy is: if he is betting big - fold. Way too readable and predictable. I usually see him make it towards the end of tournaments, but he is so short-stacked that he cant do much of anything. He is the champion railbird, however.

08-21-2002, 04:32 PM
Now I definatly give MS Sunshine allot of credit. I really respect both the play and the opinions of him. But you have to be kidding me about this. "One of the best players on the site". No way...please there are many players better than this chump (I'm not say that I am) If that is how you actually rate this guy I'm guessing it's from a small sample size.

But then again... your ratings seem to work for you. I'm not trying to question your knowledge....you know far more than I will ever know about online poker and it's players, but your way wrong on this one.

And as far as the tournaments.... in every tournament.... there are at least 15 players better than him.

08-21-2002, 05:36 PM
He can't quit pokerstars because he needs to make 160k in the next 6 months. Unless he plans to start to play the 50/100 heads up games at WSEX, then that's another story. /images/smile.gif

08-21-2002, 05:50 PM
I cannot believe the people on this forum. Does any one person on here know what they are talking about? It seems to me that Holla is right on the money. I have seen this guy whine and complain and moan about all his hands, make fun of the other players hands, and act completely out of line. The fact that he is not one iota close to as good as he thinks he is shouldnt even come into play. The relevant thing here is that the guy needs to shut up and play his own cards. I dont mind having his dead money in there with all the other dead money, as long as he keeps his mouth shut. I can see the point that some "banter" is ok at the table but this guy is just an A-hole.

08-21-2002, 05:52 PM
I have on occasion, listed MY top rated players at different poker sites. I've also always gotten slammed for my picks, or for missing someone that should be at the top. But I have a real thick skin so I might do it again.

I've done well at PokerStars, mostly the $10-20 Hold'em, mostly due my database. All though the $10-20 is not as solid or as easy as it was directly after the WCOOP, I have no intention to change my Party/WSEX/PokerStars mix of games. I use to stay at one site until the action dried up, but I have found I got out of touch with the games and the players at the other sites. Which led me to stay too long in a low-profit situation. Then when I went back to sites, I had left, my database was hopelessly out of date. Now I just change the time mix between the 3-4 sites that I follow, with the one with the least action getting the least time.

I've always been a big fan of notes on players online. I'm pretty happy with myself if I can keep up on a database for a few months because then it starts to payoff.

MS Sunshine

08-21-2002, 06:07 PM
There is one point I would like to make, and I'm going to make it in great detail. Now first of all Data's whole game is ass, both ring and tournament. This thread however, is a good way to rate the play of others. There is absolutly no way that any decent player could ever actually think that Data is anything but ass poor. So when reading this thread you can see that many people on Pokerstars are horrible since they all think Data is good. You can kind of use this as your personal notebook on the players at stars (ie. if they are down with Data.....they all suck) This goes for you too Redsimon.... but I doubt anyone has ever confused you with being decent.

I don't play on Stars much anymore because there are far too many idiots with animals in their picture.

This is another hint for all... everyone who has a picture of either a family pet or random animal sucks and is a welcome addition to any line-up.

Crazy Jim

08-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Come play with my stinky lama jim, that will be fun :o)))

However, for data, i think hes good as a player but hes a jerk. i cant stand a player whining about others bad play

08-22-2002, 02:36 AM
I guess Im in the minority of people who think the guy is a great player, but Im also in the minority of people who has bothered to watch him play, furthermore Im in the minority of people who has a sense of humour, and finally Im in the minority of people who is in any position to judge

08-22-2002, 04:30 PM
This post is retarded... I think you are in the minority of people who cant think for themselves, so they go get some lame dude from pokerstars as thier idol. I would suggest you try spending a little more time doing some social things and trying to meet some people. I think being in the minority of everything has warped your perception. Why dont you try to get into the majority?

08-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Wow Lorinda what a stupid post. I'm sure your sitting at home going through the motions of your boring life and think you've just done something clever. Well I have news you may be a member of the minority but I'm a member of the majority that thinks your an idiot.

I realize that creativity is something that would be rough for someone who's live isn't much more than watching her "stories" on the tv and knitting together some piece of crap for your stupid cat. Anyhow... here is a little advice, keep your little "in the minority" speach and don't ever pull it out again. I'm sure this is something you pulled out 45 years ago in college and it made you look like an ass then... and it sure as hell did just now.

Why would you get on here with some pre-written speach defending this Data pud? Seriously you didn't take time away from General Hospital for this did you?

Well I know you were feeling good about yourself after you were done with your cute little post. I realize that I probably ruined your month, but hey, gotta let you know what is up so you don't do something quite this stupid again

08-22-2002, 04:53 PM
J Holla obviously knows nothing - in the latest 100FPP tourney data finished 15th - which means only 14 better players :-)

Potless

I thought I was winning!

08-22-2002, 05:00 PM
It doesn't surprise me that J Holla played in a FPP Rd 1.

MS Sunshine

08-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Lorinda is Martha in cognito