PDA

View Full Version : HOT! HOT! HOT! LAG on LAG Action!!!

Scotch78
02-11-2005, 06:33 PM
SB is very loose, starts out passive and then wakes up a little on the big bets. UTG is a big LAG. When the turn was an undercard I contemplated betting out or check-raising, but wimped out.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Mr. LAG is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG (Mrs. LAG) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Mr. LAG checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Mr. LAG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Mrs. LAG raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Mr. LAG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Mrs. LAG caps</font>, SB folds, Mr. LAG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Mr. LAG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Mrs. LAG bets</font>, Mr. LAG calls.

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Mr. LAG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Mrs. LAG bets</font>, Mr. LAG calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Scott

Scotch78
02-12-2005, 12:08 AM
*bump*

Peter_rus
02-12-2005, 12:13 AM
If she is _really_ LAG i would bet out turn and call a raise so puting one more bet than you in action. Though i think she's not complete LAG as she didn't raise PF. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alobar
02-12-2005, 12:15 AM
if he was an uber lag I would have bet into him on the turn and then called down from there. but I dont think I would have 3 bet the flop. then you tie the other guy to the pot (tho you got lucky and he folded), ida prolly called the raise and bet into him on the turn hoping hed face the other guy with 2BB to call

oh, and I love the title by the way /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scotch78
02-12-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think I would have 3 bet the flop. then you tie the other guy to the pot (tho you got lucky and he folded),

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that's why I 3-bet the flop. I was pretty sure UTG would cap it and felt that was my best chance to knock out the SB. With a bigger pair I probably would've waited until the turn, but I'm not going to slowplay with 16 overcards out there. I was mostly concerned about not betting out on the turn though.

Scott

Scotch78
02-12-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If she is _really_ LAG i would bet out turn and call a raise so puting one more bet than you in action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say I bet out on the turn and just get called, how would you play the river?

Scott

Alobar
02-12-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Let's say I bet out on the turn and just get called, how would you play the river?

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be an easy bet, by calling the turn hes telling you he doesnt like his hand (well relatively speaking) He'll call with a million worse hands.

Scotch78
02-12-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that would be an easy bet, by calling the turn hes telling you he doesnt like his hand (well relatively speaking) He'll call with a million worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the river is an overcard and puts a three-flush on board. If we assume a turn call means I'm most likely ahead, then what about going for a check-raise on the river? It's a good bluff card and he's almost certainly loose enough to call a raise.

Scott

Alobar
02-12-2005, 01:06 AM
the reason I wouldnt c/r is beacuse the river puts an over and a 3 flush on board. With a better hand it might be good, but here I wouldnt.

Scotch78
02-12-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the reason I wouldnt c/r is beacuse the river puts an over and a 3 flush on board. With a better hand it might be good, but here I wouldnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This player wouldn't smooth-call the turn with a pair plus flush draw and his flop play pretty much tells me he has a pair. So, if he were to just call a turn bet, my only fears would be of JT, J6 and J3. I'm not positive, but I think a check-raise would make the most on this river.

Scott

Peter_rus
02-12-2005, 09:38 AM
If she just called turn i would let her bluff this river with her busted *set* draw:-) I like check-calling though i doubt that this is the best play.