PDA

View Full Version : ATs blind steal $25 6-max

Sponger15SB
02-11-2005, 06:24 PM
A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB. Folded to me and I raise to $2. Villian in BB calls.

His stats are 57vpip/0pfr in 54 hands

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet $3 and Villian calls

Turn is a 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check and Villian checks.

River is a T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet $3 and Villian raises all in for $30, I've got $20 left.....I think for a while and call

Easy call?

sourbeaver
02-11-2005, 06:29 PM
I'd be afraid he called with a 4 and hit trips.
But he could have a worst T.

Any way he slowplayed a PP there ?

Sponger15SB
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
The thing that makes me think this is a bluff is that I haven't seen him mad overbet the pot at all yet.

BTW.... I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate SB vs. BB confrontations because I can't help but think that 1) they're bluffing 2) they think i'm bluffing

maldini
02-11-2005, 06:40 PM
i like the call. too big a bet to be a 4 IMO. what makes him think you'd call that big a bet?

if i have any criticism it would be to bet when the board pairs the turn. why cant you have a 4? logically if he stumbled into trips he'd want to protect against the flush. dont know if logic is at a premium here though.

i think you checking the turn 4 and betting $3 again makes you look weak. i suspect a bluff. he probably has a piece of the flop. who really knows though?

sourbeaver
02-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Try and go slower when SB vs BB, this way you're not putting yourself in difficult situations and possible extra losses from the blinds.

Snag
02-11-2005, 07:25 PM
If you're playing where I think you're playing (NL25) - fold, and wait till you have a dominating hand to slap the fish with. This is an easy lay down for me. The BB could have called w/ any two.

No thanks.

soah
02-11-2005, 07:48 PM
What about checking the river to induce a bluff?

Sponger15SB
02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about checking the river to induce a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he would bluff at the river if I checked to him twice.

This guy wasn't really that aggro up until his river raise.