PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone top this beat???

Bigtymetk
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Playing in a tourney on Stars.... 1350 entered and 23 remaining. Winner takes about $1500 and if you don't make the final table you don't get a great chunk of the prize pool. I have 8-8 and move all in utg. BB calls with A-7.
Flop comes 8-7-J... so Im in an incredible position (98% to win the hand) Turn is A.... river.... A. Felt like I got kicked in the gut.

Tk

Edge34
02-11-2005, 06:24 PM
"If I told 10 people my bad beat story, 9 wouldn't care, and the 10th would want me to lose more for telling it to them."

Bigtymetk
02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks for an informative reply...

Tk

skoal2k4
02-11-2005, 06:33 PM
sucks

Edge34
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for an informative reply...

Tk

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, and I can see you're new here. Here's the catch. Nobody's really going to commiserate with you over this one. You flopped a set, got a guy to call needing TONS of help, and he got it. Poker happens. Sucks that you got outdrawn, but suck it up and play on.

The sooner you learn that point, the better. I just posted what almost anybody reading this post was going to think. There's been worse beats, but that's the result of getting in with the best of it.

That's all there is to it. Welcome to 2+2.

PS. Can't get too informative responding "Hey, look at MY bad beat!" posts. You played it fine. There, that's as informative as it goes.

Bigtymetk
02-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Your right I am new here but not to poker... I never asked anyone to feel sorry for... just a simple question. Not looking for sympathy or something ot tell me to suck it up...

Tk

Edge34
02-11-2005, 06:44 PM
So what you're telling me is that you just wanted to start a thread with people posting their bad beats. Its been done. Ends up the same way all the time.

If you're not new to poker, you know that most experienced players (especially the type you'll find around here) don't care about beats. Yours wasn't any different than any other one.

Seriously, what can I say? Either you'll learn that or not. Like I said, I only posted what 95% of 2+2ers that read your post would think.

Whoop-de-doo. A bad beat. Next thread.

Welcome to the forums, I'm not gonna argue with you. Either you'll get it or you won't, and if you don't, then I won't be the only one to tell you that bad beat posts suck.

Bigtymetk
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks again

Tk

Edge34
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again

Tk

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, you're in for a rough ride here at 2+2 at this pace. Don't say I didn't warn you. I've been there done that. Good luck to you sir.

hurlyburly
02-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I read every thread of this post, that was a bad beating...

One time I bubbled a guy just for snoring.

docknet
02-11-2005, 06:51 PM
I was at your table when that happened. Sucks.

You'll find a lot of help here, but the fellas are totally intolerant of badbeat stories--they'd much rather spend their time talking about how they could have done this or that better.

I'd bet big money that everybody here has had their set cracked many, many times.

Edge34
02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You'll find a lot of help here, but the fellas are totally intolerant of badbeat stories--they'd much rather spend their time talking about how they could have done this or that better.

I'd bet big money that everybody here has had their set cracked many, many times.

[/ QUOTE ]

And we have a winner!

asofel
02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to have a set, then i folded the nuts for fear of rivered quads...

Chief911
02-11-2005, 06:54 PM
boo hoo

http://www.bettheriver.com/image/badbeatpolice.jpg

woodguy
02-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Please post this at www.riveredagain.com (http://www.riveredagain.com)
Not here.
No one cares.

Regards,
Woodguy

Edge34
02-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Haha, chief, I was looking for that and couldn't find it!

asofel
02-11-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please post this at www.riveredagain.com (http://www.riveredagain.com)
Not here.
No one cares.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

see? edge really was trying to help you out...

*chuckles*

Edge34
02-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I said 95%. I might have been on the low side.

ZeeJustin
02-11-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have 8-8 and move all in utg. BB calls with A-7.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chips went in preflop, so this doesnt even count as a bad beat unless you consider losing a 70/30 to be a bad beat. The fact that you were ahead on two streets is irrelevent since no money went into the pot on those streets.

ZBTHorton
02-11-2005, 10:22 PM
To technically answer your question.

Had it qualified for a bad beat (per Justin)
Had anyone cared (Per Edge)

A slightly worse beat would have been 7-7..giving him quads.

Please don't confuse this for me caring. =)

Uglyowl
02-12-2005, 01:53 AM
"they'd much rather spend their time talking about how they could have done this or that better."

Ya, there is just so much damn poker strategy being discussed in the zoo, please. Regardless, bad beat stories, just like a%#holes, everyone has one and they stink.