PDA

View Full Version : Give me a line (AKo)

Entity
02-11-2005, 05:34 PM
1/2 6max game (don't have the HH with me).

Bad passive UTG limper limps, decent (~20/12PFR) MP raises, I 3-bet in the SB with AKo. UTG calls, MP calls. Three to the flop for 10SB.

Flop is QT6r.

I hate betting, I'm not fond of check/calling, and I don't care much for check/raising. Any good lines for this one?

Rob

aslowjoe
02-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Bet the flop. You still more then likely have the best hand.
Also lead the turn with no resistance.
Joe

SCfuji
02-11-2005, 05:59 PM
entizzle

[ QUOTE ]
I hate betting, I'm not fond of check/calling, and I don't care much for check/raising. Any good lines for this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are basically saying you will only check/fold. 10SB ill give you half your overcard outs and 4 for the straight.
youve got almost an open ender. you will call a bet, so i say continue with your pf lead and bet this yourself. any heavy resistance and im out, but i can live with calling one raise to see the turn. im hoping you have one of the reds, so you have the added backdoor one-card flush draw at your disposal. so for the turn im hoping for another one card of my suit, the J, the A, or the K. ill even take a Q as a nice fat scare card. i doubt the passive is going anywhere on the flop unless it missed him 100%. so we can always expect them to come along and contribute to the pot.
if the turn is a blank like a 2 or 4 black i think your hand is still worth another bet. if MP decides he likes his hand on a blank, then i most likely give up especially if passive is still in the pot. i hate having nice hands out of position.

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad passive UTG limper limps, decent (~20/12PFR) MP raises, I 3-bet in the SB with AKo. UTG calls, MP calls. Three to the flop for 10SB.

Flop is QT6r.

I hate betting

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, A bet here is mandantory. You waiting for a flop of AAK?

Grisgra
02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I don't know why, but I probably go for a checkraise. Maybe it scares off AT or JT?

Entity
02-11-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are basically saying you will only check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in hell I'm check-folding this flop. It was a rainbow flop, so no one has a flush draw (and I don't have a bd flush draw).

The only reason I hate betting is I'm getting raised here by the decent aggro a good portion of the time. I think checkraising here might be good, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, just looking for a line to mix it up here.

Rob

SCfuji
02-11-2005, 09:47 PM
what you said just came across as everything sucks but check folding.

Entity
02-12-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what you said just came across as everything sucks but check folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more of a "everything sucks including check-folding."

Folding here is the worst, so I'm debating between betting, check-calling, and checkraising.

Rob

SCfuji
02-12-2005, 04:14 AM
continuing with your pf lead with a bet sounds best to me. unless you are quite sure that mp will bet if you check and that the passive limper will fold for 2-bets after you c/r.

i think all roads lead to betting.