PDA

View Full Version : standard?

nrinker
02-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

crownjules
02-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Yep, I'd say. Depending on your read of the villain, you may try a bet on the river hoping he's got nothing (and not holding an ace) to see if he folds. But usually you'd just check.

djr
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
villian is most likely chasing with a T or the heart draw. A bet on the river could get him to fold a missed Ax flush draw. If you think villian could fold for one more bet on the river, I'd bet it.

detruncate
02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on your read of the villain, you may try a bet on the river hoping he's got nothing (and not holding an ace) to see if he folds. But usually you'd just check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we want him to fold if "he's got nothing (and not holding an ace)"? We know it doesn't have any immediate value as stated.

So, how much future value will this information generate relative to the immediate cost? It would seem to be a matter of winning via bluff slightly more often over time, which would necessitate a lot of river HU situations vs this particular Villain for things to play out.

It suprises me how often people have been suggesting a river bet with a medium/high A or K high in non-exceptional circumstances.