PDA

View Full Version : KQ vs K7 Should I be betting the flop?

Borno
02-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($71.36)
Button ($89.4)
SB ($25.35)
Hero ($47.15)
UTG ($89)
MP ($93.62)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($3.50) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $5, UTG folds.

Turn: ($14.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($34.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $34.50

sourbeaver
02-11-2005, 05:47 PM
On the flop, I'd rather bet 2-3$ than risking giving them a free card (2 spades, straight draw).

Again on the turn, I'd rather bet to protect against draws.

On the river, I don't mind the check if he's the kind of opponent to call down with second pair. But what would you do if he bet the river ?

maldini
02-11-2005, 06:25 PM
i would have to bet the pot (or slightly more) on the flop. you almost induce a raise w/ a 1/3pot bet with a flush draw out there. since you checked preflop he has no idea what kind of strength you're packing.

the only thing your really worried about is KJ or 22. i would fire at both streets. if he plays back it'd really come down to what i thought of him. AK and JJ are probably out so i would probably have to push.

the river sucks. if you'd been betting and he's smooth calling then i put out a blocking bet on the river and likely fold to a reraise.

i still like a blocking bet on the river with your line but a check is probably alright. you kinda look like you have a J or K with bad kicker. if he has a J, he'll let you know.

Snag
02-11-2005, 07:31 PM
You're not playing this aggressive enough. You absolutely have to come out swinging here w/ KQ to see where you stand in terms of strength. If he reraises your potsized bet, then this is probably an easy lay down. Keep swinging w/ potsized bets, and if he doesn't play back at you - odds are you're going to be good to win the hand.