PDA

View Full Version : Hand from a recent MTT

Mosha26
02-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi all. Been lurking for about 3 weeks and have already learned a lot in reading responses from others people's hands. There are a lot of intelligent people here who are way above my thinking when it comes to poker. Figured I would put one of my hands out there to review also. Don't be too harsh.

This is a hand from a MTT that i played a little while ago and wanted to make sure that my thinking is correct. Unfortunately, no hand history.

Stacks:
CO ~ 8,200
SB ~ 7,900
BB (Me) ~ 8,900

Blinds 200/400

ME - Jh, 10h

Pre Flop
6 folds, CO raises to 800, SB calls, I call (Pot laying me 5:1)

Flop Qs 9h 7s Pot = 2,400
SB checks, i check, CO raises to 1,300, Sb Folds, I call

Here is my read on the CO:
Deosn't play many hands but over plays them when he does get them. (e.g. i raised in early position to 700 blinds at 100/200, he pushed all in from SB with A-Q, i had jj). Seen a few other times that over played hands pre flop. Hadn't played too long with him so not a great read on him yet.

Reasons why I called:
1. Thought if I hit my straight i take all his chips.
2. If he has the Q, i am not that big of a dog and pot is laying me almost 3:1
3. Blinds start escalating fast here pretty soon and I need some chips to go deep, felt it was the right time to gamble.
4. The min raise pre flop was a little strange to me, if he had a hand he needed to protect he would raise a little more than the min unless he had AA and was looking for action.

So what does everyone think, Good call or no? Remember be gentle it is my first post?

Thanks

SossMan
02-11-2005, 01:29 PM
well played.

BlackAces
02-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Standard so far.