PDA

View Full Version : AKs - bet ragged flop against 5?

Madd
02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Usually I play sitngos, but sometimes I sit down at a 2/4-table at Empire. When I have questions regarding my hands I frequently ask a friend of mine who plays 3/6 for a living and whom I consider to be a much better ringgamer than me. This, however, is an example in which I don't necessarily agree with him.

I'm in the BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
4 limpers, SB completes, I raise, everybody calls.
6 see the flop
9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, I bet.

My friend says I can bet against 2 or 3 opponents, but not 5 as somebody will have hit anything. I should check-call for one bet and fold to two bets.
My reasoning is: The pot is not small, I want to win it, I bet.
After my bet, EP folded and MP1 raist driving possible holdings like A7s or even K9 out of the pot and cleaning my outs.

Is my bet chip-spewing by fighting a lost battle or is it a reasonable move to take a stab at a decent pot?
What, if the deuce would be of clubs?

mistrpug
02-11-2005, 01:07 PM
You have a decent hand with the two overcards and backdoor nut flush draw. I think I'd bet and see what happens, but that could be wrong.

emil3000
02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't think it's very wrong to bet, but I would check it. You are never folding out a pair.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I'd check with the intention of calling a bet coming from my left, checkraising a late position bettor, or folding to 2+ bets back to me.

rmarotti
02-11-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check with the intention of calling a bet coming from my left, checkraising a late position bettor, or folding to 2+ bets back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the best line.

Number4
02-11-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit - I used to just bet, bet, bet with this hand, but I think the above quote is the best way.

me454555
02-11-2005, 05:18 PM
The checkraise seems to be a lost art these days w/the bet bet bet mantra going on. Checking is clearly the correct play here b/c your oop, the pot is too big fold poeple, and there are a lot of oppoennts here.

This flop is also not totally raggidy. Theres a good chance somone has a gutshot or oesd and I can almost gurantee somone hit the 9.