PDA

View Full Version : Hows the Taj these days?

Beezos
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Heading to AC tomorrow. Haven't been to the Taj since last year. Seems to me from the B&M AC postings that many people are going to the Borgata now. I would be going there myself but I probably wont be getting there til late and do not want to deal with lines. Can someone give me the lowdown on the games spread and game texture? Are there any 5-10 kill games similar to the one spread at Foxwoods?

beez

boedeker
02-11-2005, 12:45 PM
god i hate the taj

tpir90036
02-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Both are awesome. The Taj was the first place I ever played poker so I have a soft spot for it in my heart. I recommend checking both places out. The higher-limit games are nice and soft at the Borgata thanks to the clientele...but the waits can be brutal.

No kill holdem games at either. Sometimes the hi-lo games have half-kills.

slickpoppa
02-11-2005, 02:06 PM
If you are getting there late, then you probably should not bother with the Borgata. The waits for anything 6-12 and below will be very long. If you can play 10-20 or higher the waits aren't as bad. Aside from the waits, the Borgata is so much better than the taj: hot waitresses, much better drinks, less seedy clientelle, nicer atmosphere, soft games, etc.

02-11-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are getting there late, then you probably should not bother with the Borgata. The waits for anything 6-12 and below will be very long. If you can play 10-20 or higher the waits aren't as bad. Aside from the waits, the Borgata is so much better than the taj: hot waitresses, much better drinks, less seedy clientelle, nicer atmosphere, soft games, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. The problem on my end is that I'm in AC for a limited time and don't have the hours to kill waiting for a table at the Borgata. So I'd go to the Taj.

nukemar25
02-11-2005, 04:33 PM
The Borgata is definately the place to play if you have the time but if you get there past noon on a weekend be ready to wait 3 to 4 hours for a seat. The Taj is filthy, the dealers suck, and the service is terrible. The games are still very soft at the lower limits as with just about any B&M.

other1
02-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I'd play at the trop before the Taj if you can't get in at the borgata. Only problem with the Trop is you'll be pretty limited in game selection.