PDA

View Full Version : Poker prophecy

Vetstadium
02-11-2005, 12:21 PM
For what its worth yesterday I played 9 $33 SNG's was 6 for 9 with 3 firsts and a second.......my recent performance worse I wonder what good is?

Scuba Chuck
02-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Vet, one of the things I've been thinking about ...is it possible to maintain an ROI of -5 to +5% when you are on a cold streak (if you can identify it)? My most recent variance was -4.7% over a 3 week period (I estimate that to be about 300-375 SnGs). Recently, the last 143 SnGs, 4 tabling 33s, I have an ITM of 48% and an ROI of 59%. I think this is part of the roller coaster.

My hope is, that it truly is possible to "keep what you have" or lose little, when the cold streak does occur. During my cold streak, my ITM was 33%, and 3rds were my statistically highest finishing % amongst the top 3.

But I know nothing. I have only been playing seriously since Dec. 4th of 2004. I hope my comment here instigates further discussion of this possibility, or impossibility.

AdamSchultz
02-11-2005, 07:26 PM
The "worse" thing actually refers to your comparison to if I had played your games.

Seriously though, let me check with my developer on making that proportional. For instance, rather than always doing your last 3 games, I think it makes more sense to do things as a proportion of your total games (10%). So if you've played 100 games it makes more sense to look at your last 10 instead of your last 3. Thanks for the suggestion (I know it was a complaint, but I'll take it as a suggestion)

On another note, some people have asked about PokerStars and some of the other sites. I've formed another company with the owner of my software developer that will be doing all of the other sites. Since we (he) already has the code this should be coming out fairly quickly. I suspect this will be up on our redesigned website within 2 months. With other sites soon to follow.

This new partnership will also allow more work to get done on the Party Poker project more quickly.

Vetstadium
02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks I do like it so far even though hard to use when 4 tabling but feel it will be better in future when you can get stats on whole table at once.