PDA

View Full Version : 66 from the bb.

bicyclekick
02-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I've been putting in some good effort with small pocket pairs these days...gotta find the happy medium. I think for a bit I might have been getting a little LAGGY so that's why I want to post this hand.

50/100 online

it's my 2nd bb of the table, so I only have 9 hands on most of these guys and I'm using gameview in PT. mp1 open raises. He played 1 hand the first orbit and came in for a raise.

The CO is a new player and posting a blind

The button's vpip is 77.78/18. Obviouly very small sample size but this guy seems to be playing regaurdless of the cards.

I call in the bb with my 6/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

flop
8/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, mp1 bets, button calls, I raise, mp1 calls, button calls.

turn
2/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, both call

river
T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, mp1 checks, button bets, I call.

How'd I do?

gonores
02-11-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm much more apt to bet the flop instead of c/r it, hoping to use MP1 as leverage to blow the button off his hand.

skp
02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Bet flop.

Bet river: You shoudl have PFR beat and still get a call out of him fairly frequently. Who knows what the hell the button has but I doubt he raises with anyhing given that you may have the flush the way you played it. But if you chcek, I doubt he fails to bet a hand better than yours. I also doubt he bluffs (although you must call if you chcek and he bets).

So, a value bet appears to be best.

lil feller
02-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I feel sort of weird saying this, as I think you are a much better player than I am, but with that being said...

I think you played the flop very poorly. I'm unable to tell from your post if the cutoff called the raise (you gave a description, but he isn't included in the flop action, i'm assuming he called the PFR and then folded to the flop bet). If I'm correct in that assessment I think you need to bet out on this flop. Given the vulnerablility of your hand (granted, you are probably in front right now) I'd rather let MP1 raise my bet and make the field call two cold. You aren't getting rid of a flush draw, obviously, but you might get rid of JTo, which you want to do.

Given the flop c/r you definately should bet the turn card, looks pretty safe.

On the river, again based on your flop play, I think a check should be in order (nobody is folding a better hand if you bet, and the button seems like he might be the bluffing type)

After the button bets, the correct action really depends on your read (limited I know) of MP1. If you think he has AK, just call and hope he does do. Something to think about, however, is that he might have 77 or 99 and will fold to a c/r. If the button is bluffing you can get Mp1 to throw away a winner.

Again, I think the real decision here needs to be on the flop, and I think you should have bet out.

lf

bicyclekick
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I think you guys are all correct about betting out this flop. I also don't think it's close. I typically would and at the time I was just trying to mix it up...but this isn't the right spot for it.

bicyclekick
02-11-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel sort of weird saying this, as I think you are a much better player than I am, but with that being said...

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean I don't fuckk shitt up though.

Don't sell yourself short though, you're annalys is pretty solid.

lil feller
02-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks for that, I appreciate it.

lf