PDA

View Full Version : Identifying a big leak in my game (no hand content)

vulturesrow
02-11-2005, 10:35 AM
As I close in on my first 10000 hands, I started checking the stats. The most concern I have is in two areas. One is agression. My flop aggression (~1.91) is less than my turn aggression (~2.01) which is less than my river aggression (~2.11), basiscally 180 out from how it should be and my with the numbers being too low I think. This ties right in with my other major stat discrepancy, my W$SD, which is right at about 43%. I filtered my stats to see which hands lost the most money for me when I went to showdown. It confirmed what I had suspected, that I have been pushing big pairs too hard. In fact most of the hands that I have lost the most with when I went to showdown are some of my overall best winners. Right now my BB/100 is 4.1 so I cant complain there, but obviously I have some major leaks.

My point in discussing this is twofold. One is I wanted to show an example of using PT to identify leaks, and two, I would like some inputs from other posters on what you think these numbers mean to you as an objective observer, and any advice you might have. Thanks in advance.

davelin
02-11-2005, 11:23 AM
What is your go to showdown %?

vulturesrow
02-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Davelin,

I dont have PT in front of me but it is almost exactly the same as my W$SD.

davelin
02-11-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Davelin,

I dont have PT in front of me but it is almost exactly the same as my W$SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see the showdown 43% of the time you see flops? That plus your slightly on the low side aggression stats means you're calling down way too much. This number should be around 30%.

vulturesrow
02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
That was my assumption. Like I said, I think its from pushing big pocket pairs too hard when its clear Im beaten. Thanks for the input.

carsonj
02-11-2005, 03:53 PM
isn't that won money at showdown?

davelin
02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isn't that won money at showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes W$SD is money won at SD which tends to be anywhere from 52-58.