PDA

View Full Version : 66 vs pf r

bear187
02-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Prolly shoulda folded?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

jaxUp
02-11-2005, 10:25 AM
fold pf, flop raise kind of sucks, betting the turn was retarded.

OrianasDaad
02-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I fold this pre-flop - too much chance of a shorthanded/small pot - and your implied odds to hit a set are killed.

The turn counterfeits your pair if he has a card higher than a 6 (very likely), then you are beat. He seems awfully aggressive - don't see him raising with a 7 in his hand - mabye he does have a queen. You'd think he'd raise the turn if so. Turn call and river check probably means he doesn't.

You only have to get him to fold 8.1% of the time for a bluff to be correct here. I'd bet the river, but fold to a check-raise.

OrianasDaad
02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;sarcasm&gt;

How helpful.

&lt;\sarcasm&gt;

jaxUp
02-11-2005, 10:38 AM
haha. A bit harsh and unhelpful I know. Bad run on party = bad mood. Sorry bear. Here is my helpful reply:

I can't coldcall pf with low pp, unless there are already a lot of people involved in the hand.
I think you pretty much need to hit a set on the flop to continue with this hand, especially with 4 players involved. The only other time I would stay is prob with an OESD.
The turn counterfeited your tow pair /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. This puts you in the hurt-locker as a lot of micro players will now call down with an A, because, hey, they have 2PTK!! I just cut the losses at this point. The river check through is fine. Doesn't look like MP2 is going anywhere.

Dave G.
02-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I cold call with pocket pairs preflop if I think there are enough people that will call behind me. You're in middle position so it's probably not a good idea here.

I fold the flop straight up. You might have the best hand right now, but it's very easy for you to be outdrawn. Any broadway card will likely give someone a much stronger two pair than you. You might already be beaten by another Queen. In that case you have only 2 clean outs. Only another 6 will give you the nuts.

The turn destroys your hand. At least before you had two pair. Now everyone has a two pair higher than yours, and someone may already have Queens full. I'm definitely check/folding the turn.

bear187
02-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys, he had pocket nines btw :\

davelin
02-11-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]