PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 hand against a compete maniac.

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I thought they were like the Loch Ness Monster. Something you heard about but never actually saw, only caught glimpses of. I found "nessie" last night on my Party 5-10 table. Literally played every hand, and would cap every street. Had at least 2 others on tilt, But I was sitting calm as could be.

We finally lock up.

Party Poker 5-10 (6 max)
UTG folds, Nessie in MP raises, Co folds, button folds, SB folds, Bunky calls in the BB with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Bunky bets, nessie raises, Bunky three bets, nessie caps, Bunky calls.

Turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Bunky bets, (Condensed) Capsville!.

River 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bunky bets, nessie calls. (Where did that come from?)

Michael Davis
02-11-2005, 09:43 AM
How else can you play it?

Seriously, if this guy is a true maniac, you will show a profit by calling 72o there and capping it out with him for awhile if you hit a pair. I've read otherwise, but maximizing earn against a true maniac often does require you to be a maniac too. There aren't many true maniacs but maybe you found one.

-Michael

wheelz
02-11-2005, 09:44 AM
I don't know about the preflop call... on one hand your implied odds are huge, on the other you're not going to get to draw cheaply and the pot is small. Let's also not forget you have 74.

Postflop I think is perfect. Just keep betting.

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There aren't many true maniacs but maybe you found one.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was without a doubt one. He capped every street with 9 high against another good player who had position on him. Dude flipped top two pair. I'd sell his name but he wont have $$ long. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 09:53 AM
PF I'm getting 3.5 : 1 on my call. I'll call with any 2 cards against a true blue maniac. PF is very much standard (even moreso b/c it was suited.)

wheelz
02-11-2005, 10:32 AM
"Literally played every hand, and would cap every street"

After reading the initial post over, The pf call becomes a tad easier.

JudoGirl
02-11-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought they were like the Loch Ness Monster. Something you heard about but never actually saw, only caught glimpses of. I found "nessie" last night on my Party 5-10 table...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...you gotta play this way against the maniacs...nice. PM me the name of your maniac if you don't mind. I have been following a maniac around the 5/10 6max and 10/20 full and 6max tables the last 2 days(i never played 10/20 before, but following a maniacal fish to 10/20 is pretty strong motivation to step up and take the risk). In 2 days I have made over $1000 in profit from him...don't imagine he'll be playing a lot longer...anyway, wondering if it is the same person...

bunky9590
02-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Nessie had a flat tire (J4o) and my hand was very good.