PDA

View Full Version : Sniff Sniff, I smell a rat!

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Hand from last night's session. Good session overall. Played well caught good cards. This hand was pretty ho hum, but I had a read.

Party Poker 5/10 (6 max)

UTG folds, MP limps, Bunky raises in the CO with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls. (6 SB)

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, MP checks, Bunky bets, BB calls, MP folds.
Now BB has been pretty aggressive to this point. Plays okay, but has seemed to get a bit out of line on marginal holdings but its more like pushing edges. He normally bets draws into the PFR to trap players in between and proceed to jam the flop. The check call was new.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Bunky checks it right back at him.

River K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB bets, Bunky calls.

How you like that one kids?

ISF
02-11-2005, 12:01 PM
I think you have to bet this. Without the third spade it would be close, but now there are so many draws I would not want to give a free card.
As well there are a ton of hands these guys will call down with that you beat so bet I think you gain an extra bb by betting more often then you lose an extra by getting CRd by a 7.

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to bet this. Without the third spade it would be close, but now there are so many draws I would not want to give a free card

[/ QUOTE ]

Under normal circumstances it an auto bet. This guy was aggressive with draws and would have checkraised me with a 9 on the flop. Sure he could have a lot of things, but he would play most hands aggressively.

[ QUOTE ]
As well there are a ton of hands these guys will call down with that you beat so bet I think you gain an extra bb by betting more often then you lose an extra by getting CRd by a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys , correct. he was not a player sans read. I hadn't seen him have a strong hand yet, but he played all his marginal holdings fast. I hadn't seen him check call yet. Checkraising a 7 of the flop would be dumb, Leading out would probably been a better play but I'm not saying he was the best thinking player aroudn either. Probably put me on overcards that would fire again on the turn and then checkraise me.

I really like the turn check here.

Noodles
02-11-2005, 12:24 PM
I dont get it? what is the point of the turn check,you fear he has a 7 couse he is real quite?
That would have to be an excellent read,

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Villain Flipped A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Yeah it was an excellent read.

Joe Tall
02-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Given your reads, I like the line once you are heads up you have too much to lose and little to gain. The flop call is a bell-ringer.

Peace Greg,
Joe

bunky9590
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given your reads, I like the line once you are heads up you have too much to lose and little to gain. The flop call is a bell-ringer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, you know how Party does the fireworks when you win a hand?

click on "options"
Drag down and toggle on "warning klaxons"

Works like a charm. They started blaring on this hand like a 60's bomb warning.