PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 - 5h7h in LP...

Ionphore
02-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Full ring.
Im in the CO with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

5 limpers to me, so I limp along, button folds, SB completes, 8 to the flop, this was a first for this game.

I have the table covered, main opponent has 380$ this hand.

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Everyone checks to me, and I bet 25 into 30ish...

UTG calls 25.

Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks, I check.

River is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He insta bets 125 into 80ish...

I know this is fairly player dependant. The fact 8 players saw the flop made me think this was a pretty routine laydown. But I think maybe I misplayed the hand somewhere else possibly.

Thoughts?

Cornell Fiji
02-11-2005, 08:27 AM
The fold is a pretty easy one IMO, with 8 players seeing the flop there is no hand that you are ahead of here other than a stone bluff (missed flush draw.) At the very least the villain has a better 2 pair than you but most likely has a 6.

Pf - call is fine
Flop - I would have checked here as you know that you are going to get called by someone and you can be put in an awkward situation if called, a heart falls, and you face significant action.
Turn - standard

-Steve

Ionphore
02-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I like the flop check, if you check the flop do you often semi bluff the turn on a miss if there is a lead into you? And if checked around (doubtful) again do you stab then?

Cornell Fiji
02-11-2005, 08:43 AM
If it is checked around on the turn with 8 opponents and you bet in late position you are going to get called by someone (with the 5 on the turn someone will have an A or 2, with any other card it will probably pair someone, plus you have to assume someone is at least playing a weak suited ace.)

I would not semi bluff if its checked around but might put in a small pot building bet in case I hit my straight or flush.

If someone bets into me I wouldn't semi-bluff raise them because I would probably still get called by hearts and because they will probably find a call. In addition you don't want to knock anyone out who has a weak ace (although if you could knock out a bigger flush draw and clean up 6 outs it would obviously be to your benefit) I would call a pot sized bet here and hope that others call too. You most likely are not going to end this hand on the turn and will have to put in your entire stack with 7 high unimproved to win it on the river if you miss.

-Steve