PDA

View Full Version : Trips on the turn

Elbie
02-11-2005, 06:04 AM
First hand. Just posted in the bb so I have absolutely no reads.

On the flop I have mid-pair and a gutshot. Good enough for a call.

What would you have done on the turn. Do you bet out or do you gamble on a possible check-raise?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

Shillx
02-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Eh with 6 outs getting 6.5:1 I probably fold. An eight isn't a lock because it will almost surely give someone a redraw to a better straight (at least a chop). We won't win everytime we make trips either. We also aren't getting much of implied odds as there will just be 2 players to payoff should we connect.

Brad

aLOWdAkING
02-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Flop call is ok

Given your line, I'd check raise it. MP3 should bet this, since he limped PF and therefore wouldn't need to raise the flop unless he had something. C/R and make the draws pay to play.

Elbie
02-11-2005, 06:38 AM
The flop call may be marginal in a rather small pot (UTG+1 could have called and made it slightly bigger).

On a board like that, donīt I risk having it checked through on the turn if I attempt a check-raise? That would give a free card to anyone holding an 8 or a 6

jailhousejoe
02-11-2005, 06:47 AM
reads would help but i would probably bet out. Chances are he will call at these stakes (he obviously likes his hand), and a check-raise may cause him to look at the pot size and see it is actually tiny, and he may then fold. This board will interest a large number of hands (straight draw, flush draw, overcards, overpair's)

With the agression he's shown so far, I would probably bet the turn, 3-bet if i get chance, and bet into him on the river (assuming no major scare card falls that doesnt improve your hand).

aLOWdAkING
02-11-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop call may be marginal in a rather small pot (UTG+1 could have called and made it slightly bigger).

On a board like that, donīt I risk having it checked through on the turn if I attempt a check-raise? That would give a free card to anyone holding an 8 or a 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's why you don't listen to newbs like me. I never think people are raising with position to buy free cards so I always try to C/R /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Turn bet is probably best