PDA

View Full Version : 88 - Hot hand in the dice game

shant
02-11-2005, 04:30 AM
CO is a 68/8 LA-P. Button is a 43/11 LA-P. Both of them have an average post-flop aggression of 1.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

PoBoy321
02-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Out of curiosity, what do you think CO has that he's calling 2-cold on the flop? This is a pretty drawless board so i really think that he must have a ten, so I don't see the point in betting this turn.

I think that check/raising the button is good, but I think you have to worry about CO's call.

Then again, I'm probably weak/tight.

cnfuzzd
02-11-2005, 04:34 AM
if you feel confident enough to bet the turn, bet the river.

peace

john nickle

Brainwalter
02-11-2005, 06:25 AM
CO is a 68/8 LA-P. He's not into dumping bad hands. IMO he could easily have lower pairs than hero's or plenty of gutshots.

I like hero's line. I would like to say I would bet the river but I may check.

shant
02-11-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, what do you think CO has that he's calling 2-cold on the flop? This is a pretty drawless board so i really think that he must have a ten, so I don't see the point in betting this turn.

I think that check/raising the button is good, but I think you have to worry about CO's call.

Then again, I'm probably weak/tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried about the coldcall. I thought that since he was passive, if he had a weak T or maybe 99, I could've got him to fold with a turn bet. When he called again I was done betting.

I think cnfuzzd is right though, that if I bet the turn I should've bet the river.

Yads
02-11-2005, 02:42 PM
What was going to be your plan if button bet the river?

lu_hawk
02-11-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if he had a weak T or maybe 99, I could've got him to fold with a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will fold to a turn bet 0% of the time with these hands after calling 2 cold on the flop. Making him fold a better hand is not a reason to bet the turn.

shant
02-11-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he had a weak T or maybe 99, I could've got him to fold with a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will fold to a turn bet 0% of the time with these hands after calling 2 cold on the flop. Making him fold a better hand is not a reason to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. This is why I was really unsure of my turn action. I felt the flop play was the right play, was it? After the coldcall, what is the correct turn play? Is this now a check-fold?

cnfuzzd
02-11-2005, 03:35 PM
First, in regard to the whole hand.

Preflop: Against a LAG, i three bet this everytime. Especially since the other caller is also a LAG.

Flop. I play it the same. Given your cold call, i expect the pf raiser to bet this 100% of the time regardless of the flop. You are probably ahead, and might as well try to protect your hand/get money into the pot. To me the cold call says unpaired overcards.

Turn. Essentially a blank. If you were ahead on the flop, you are probably still ahead here most of the time. I bet here. I will probably fold to a c/r, but that really depends on how well these guys have been playing.

River: Not the best card, but not as bad as an ace or king falling. I still bet.

peace