PDA

View Full Version : Critique this hand please. I don't think I played it well.

otter
02-11-2005, 03:26 AM
$5-$5 NL. Biggest stack is about $22k, average of the other "normal" people is about $1500 and I have only nearly $800.
I just moved to the table, so this person probably doesn't know that I have a pretty tight image.

I'm in late w/ 3,5. The flop is Q,2,4 rainbow and there is $20 in the pot. I bet $30 and the person to my left makes it $50. She hasn't done much raising, but she does do some gambling. I don't get the feeling that she'd fold for a big raise. She hasn't folded many hands since I'd been there (1/2 hour or more). What's your play? Do you reraise or call? I had about $800 in front of me and she had me covered. I decided to just call. The turn was an A. I kind of put her on A,Q so I'm pretty happy. I check and she bets $50....WHY JUST FIFTY??? I thought she'd bet over $100. I make it $150 and she calls. I think I should have bet out. The river is a stupid 5. Now I have seen her pay off big bets in the past (she paid off a good sized raise of about 3x her bet on the flop-Q high- and a 1/2 pot sized bet on the river too) so I didn't plan on betting any less than $150. I had considered going all in for $600 or even betting $400 or more, but I just bet $200. She thought and kind of annoyingly called. I don't know what she had. How would you have played this hand on the flop, turn, river? I really don't think I played it too well.

PoBoy321
02-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Ouch, that turn bet SUCKS. You know she has some decent holdings but why she would only bet 1/3 of the pot is beyond me. I might take this as an opportunity to play the old "Weak is strong and strong is weak, so i'll act strong when i'm strong so they'll think i'm weak" routine, and push with a massive overbet. Obviously you have the nuts right now, but you could be up against a very strong hand as well.

Also, I may lead the turn and hope to get raised again, especially if you put the villain on AQ, she just made top 2 and may expect you to have a worse Q. Then you could 3-bet all in and the villain would virtually be pot stuck.

Does this woman realize that you're tight? If she doesn't, you may want to play fast and loose to give the impression that you're playing LAGgy.