PDA

View Full Version : $5 SNG Problem

SirJoker
02-11-2005, 01:48 AM
I have played 30 $5 SNGs and my ROI is 20.2% ITM 53.1% and Profit is $35.50, I'm getting 3 place 24.2% 2nd place 24.2% and 1st just 6.1% compare them to my $3 SNG results which are ROI 52.7% ITM 52.3% Profit $52.20 1st place 23.3% 2nd 10% 3rd 20%. I always here people say gamble for 1st settle for 3rd, and at the 5s I seem to settle for 3rd alot, should I be less agressive and just wear them down and try to outplay them .. break them little by little. Or should I try to get all my money in and hope ? Like for example, say theres 3 people let and I call on the button with say A7s, flop is 732 should I be trying to get all in and hope to take him out ? or just grind it out ? I know I'm doing very well to make the money over 53% of the time but just not finishing deep enough.. What should I do. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Nottom
02-11-2005, 01:55 AM
First off, you only have 30 SNGs. That really means next to nothing.

Secondly it sounds like you are way to passive:
[ QUOTE ]
Like for example, say theres 3 people let and I call on the button with say A7s, flop is 732 should I be trying to get all in and hope to take him out ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine a situation where there are 3 players left and it is correct to ...
A) CALL on the button with A7s
and
B) not get all your chips in the pot on a 7-high flop.

***edit: this assumes you are playing on party and the blinds will be huge. If you are playing somewhere else (which I assume you are since you mention $3 SNGs) it may be right to be more cautious if the stacks are still reatively deep. A little more information may be needed in this respect.

SirJoker
02-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Sometimes I do bet preflop a nice bit of the time I have position. I have alot more experience then just them, I've been playing 10 hours a day for the past couple years. But then again just discovered 2+2 a few months ago. Should I be pushing with A7 on the flop regardless if I have alot of chips or not ?

SirJoker
02-11-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this assumes you are playing on party and the blinds will be huge. If you are playing somewhere else (which I assume you are since you mention $3 SNGs) it may be right to be more cautious if the stacks are still reatively deep. A little more information may be needed in this respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on Victory Poker, only about 3k+ at peak, theres .10 .25 SNGs etc.

9 seats chips start at T2000

And your right 30 does mean next to nothing but thats just 2 days of work, I'm trying to solve this leak quickly

SirJoker
02-11-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First off, you only have 30 SNGs. That really means next to nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Early and middle is fine right ? I'm just being too passive at the end ? Any ITM near 50% is bout as good as you can want right ? even if it is a small sample?