PDA

View Full Version : A Stickler for the Rules.

andyfox
02-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Comes the river in a 40-80 game and there are two players left (neither of them me.) First guy, who raised pre-flop and has been betting every round, bets. Second guy, who cold-called pre-flop and has been calling every round, disgustedly picks up his hand. Sitting on his immediate left, I see it's A-K. There are no aces nor kings on the board. He sort of makes like he folds, kind of tapping the table, but doesn't. Now he picks up some chips and, shaking his head in obvious disgust, starts putting them into the pot: four, eight, twelve, fourteen . . . and with those last two, he now picks them up and picks up the previous four, leaving eight, just enough to call.

The other guys says, "What was that? You can't do that. That's a raise." The dealer confirms this. The offender puts up a mild disagreement and when his opponent again insists, correctly, that it's a raise, he puts out the additional eight chips to raise. The original bettor calls. The raiser shows his A-K.

And his hand is good.

Stork
02-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Haha, he deserves to lose.

Rick Nebiolo
02-11-2005, 03:36 AM
Just when you think you have seen everthing someone comes up with a new one.

Good story, well told /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

~ Rick

detroitplayer
02-11-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are no aces nor kings on the board.

The raiser shows his A-K.

And his hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Was there a 10-j-q? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TStoneMBD
02-11-2005, 04:40 AM
hah good story.

AlienCorpse
02-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Wow. Thats sort of like shooting yourself in the foot, except only more retarted.

shant
02-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Nice story.

I've seen the opposite when people holding the nuts call string raises against their opponents.

RydenStoompala
02-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Awesome story. No re-raise and no hand. Just awesome. I hope he took a cab home.